[net.micro.trs-80] Model 100 Software Technical Manual ?

hes@ecsvax.UUCP (Henry Schaffer) (12/04/85)

Is there such a manual?  I have the Technical Manual which is
primarily oriented to the hardware plus the subroutine calls.
I'm wondering about a manual which goes into more details
(such as the escape sequences to control the screen in the
builtin telecom program.)
--henry schaffer
P.S.- I still haven't heard from anyone about a list of the
escape and control sequences.

msl5864@ritcv.UUCP (Michael S. Leibow) (12/07/85)

(Henry Schaffer) writes:
.
.
.

>P.S.- I still haven't heard from anyone about a list of the
>escape and control sequences.

	I don't know about any software technical manuals, but
The Waite Group has a book out called "Hidden Powers of the
TRS-80 Model 100."  It is a fairly good book with about 50
descriptions of important ROM routines.  It describes in detail
routines that involve the LCD, the Real-Time Clock, The Key-
board, the communications devices, the sound generator, and the
cassette port.
					Michael S. Leibow
p.s.
Esc code	Function
Esc j		Erase screen
Esc E		Erase screen
Esc K		Erase to end of line
Esc J		Clear to end of screen
Esc l		Erase line
Esc L		Insert blank line
Esc M		Delete line
Esc Y		Direct cursor addressing (same as VT52 terminal)
Esc A		Cursor up
Esc B		Cursor down
Esc C		Cursor right
Esc D		Cursor Left
Esc H		Home cursor
Esc p		start reverse video
Esc q		end reverse video

control code	function
	7	bell
	8	backspace
	9	tab
	10	line feed
	11	home
	12	form feed
	13	cr
	27	esc

p.p.s.  These escape and control codes are not limited to
	telcom.  These escape codes work in basic too.  If you
	print a chr$(13) in BASIC, the cursor goes to the beg-
	inning of the line, not the next line.

p.p.s. - here is a termcap entry for unix.

t1|trs100|Radio Shack Model 100:\
	:co#40:li#8:am:bs:bw:al=\EL:cd=\EJ:ce=\EK:\
	:cl=\Ej:cm=\EY%+ %+ :dl=\EM:do=\EB:ho=\EH:\
	:kd=^_:kl=^]:kr=^\:ku=^^:nd=\EC:up=\EA:\
	:so=\Ep:se=\Eq:xt: