[net.micro.trs-80] Info on Fortran package for Model IV

WCHAO@BLUE.RUTGERS.EDU (03/18/86)

From: WCHAO@BLUE.RUTGERS.EDU

    If anyone owns the Fortran Complier for Model IV computers, please
drop me a note concerning the version number of the package.
   My high school has the package for the Model I and the Fortran
supplied by Radio Shack is Fortran-66 and it does not have IF-THEN-ELSE
feature plus a few others found in Fortran-77.  If there is a Fortran-77
for sale out there, could you please let me know also.

William Chao
wchao@blue.rutgers
-------

piner@pur-phy.UUCP (Richard Piner) (03/20/86)

>    If anyone owns the Fortran Complier for Model IV computers, please
>drop me a note concerning the version number of the package.
>   My high school has the package for the Model I and the Fortran
>supplied by Radio Shack is Fortran-66 and it does not have IF-THEN-ELSE
>feature plus a few others found in Fortran-77.  If there is a Fortran-77
>for sale out there, could you please let me know also.
>
>William Chao
>wchao@blue.rutgers
>-------

  The latest Fortran for TRSDOS 6.x is just model I Fortran with some
bug fixes, and the I/O library is changed to use SVC traps to interface
with the operating system. This is a poor Fortran, the math routines
are terrible. It's by Microsoft. Need I say more?

						piner@pur-phy.UUCP