[net.micro.trs-80] Model 100 Programs; Business Utility Software

trost@reed.UUCP (Bill Trost) (09/16/86)

I am looking for text formatters and programming languages for my TRS-80
Model 100.  I have a 32K machine with a Tandy Portable Disk Drive.

Also, has anyone been able to get any sort of a response from Business
Utility Software?  I sent in a reader service card to Portable 100/200
to get information on their C compiler.  I did get a pamphlet describing
the language (by the way, I was very impressed by it), but I sent them
three letters asking for more information and have gotten no reply.  Does
anyone know what is going on?

moore@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Andrew M. Moore) (09/19/86)

In article <4103@reed.UUCP>, trost@reed.UUCP (Bill Trost) writes:
> I am looking for text formatters and programming languages for my TRS-80
> Model 100.  I have a 32K machine with a Tandy Portable Disk Drive.

   Try NEWTXT.CO -- a fantastic text formatter with loads of features, 4K.
Call my BBS to get it (and piles of other M100 software)..

> .... I sent in a reader service card to Portable 100/200
> to get information on their C compiler.  I did get a pamphlet describing
> the language (by the way, I was very impressed by it), but I sent them
> three letters asking for more information and have gotten no reply.  Does
> anyone know what is going on?

   A while back there was dome discussion on CompuServe about a company
that sold C for the M100, but they really didn't exist -- vaporware.  This
might be the same company.

-drew
 arpa MOORE%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC.ARPA
 uucp ...mit-eddie!moore
  bbs 617/479-9208 (300/1200)

trost@reed.UUCP (Bill Trost) (09/19/86)

Oopsie!  There was something I forgot to add when I made a request for
Model 100 programs.  Other than the C compiler, what I was looking for
was *public domain* stuff.  Unfortunately, I didn't make that clear (if
I said it at all).  My thanks and my apologies to everyone who sent me
information on other stuff.

Bill Trost
Rude -- oops, Reed -- College