one tell me what are the cheaper
printers which can be installed to the
Trs100 without to much modification.

moore@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Andrew M. Moore) (10/10/86)

> Could some
> one tell me what are the cheaper
> printers which can be installed to the
> Trs100 without to much modification.

   I just bought a used DMP-105, a printer sold by Radio Schlock.  It's
a small printer, dot matrix, with built-in tractor feed (at least that's
how it looks from an ad I saw; I haven't received mine yet).  It sells
for $199 I think.  I bought mine along with a Model 100, a ROM, and a Tandy
Portable Disk Drive for a very low price, so you might even be able to find
a used one for a similarly low price.  But $199 (new) is probably the lowest
you'll find.  The printer is parallel; doesn't tie up the RS-232 fortunately.
80 characters per second in draft mode.  I assume it has a Near-Letter-
Quality mode, but I could be wrong.  Maybe it's just boldface or something.

-drew
 arpa MOORE%MIT-EECS@MIT-MC.ARPA
 uucp ...mit-eddie!moore
  bbs (617) 479-9208 [3/12/2400]
   us Box 121, North Quincy, MA  02171

trost@reed.UUCP (Bill Trost) (10/11/86)

In article <3420@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU> moore@mit-eddie.MIT.EDU (Andrew M. Moore) writes:
>> Could some
>> one tell me what are the cheaper
>> printers which can be installed to the
>> Trs100 without to much modification.
>
>   I just bought a used DMP-105, a printer sold by Radio Schlock.  It's
>a small printer, dot matrix, with built-in tractor feed.

The tractor feed comes with the unit and is detatchable.

>I assume it has a Near-Letter-Quality mode, but I could be wrong.  Maybe it's
>just boldface or something.

Yes, boldface is all you get.

Actually, practically any printer will work with the Model 100.  All you
need is a Centronics interface on the printer (and I can't think of a
printer that doesn't have one), and you're all set.
--
.signature, aka "Reed College", aka "trost@reed.UUCP"