[net.tv.drwho] Doctor Who is NOT a convicted crminal

brad@looking.UUCP (Brad Templeton) (08/19/84)

A recent suggestion implies the Doctor is a convicted criminal.
He is not.  He was an outcast for a time, trapped on Earth, but after
he saved the Universe in "The Three Doctors" he was forgiven and set
free.  And this was in 1973 mind you, over ten years ago.

Nowadays the Doctor's activities are still frowned upon, but he is
a revered hero in many other ways on Gallifrey.  In addition, he holds
a viable claim to the presidency of the council of Time Lords if he
wanted it.
--
	Brad Templeton - Waterloo, Ontario (519) 884-7473

bsa@ncoast.UUCP (The WITNESS) (08/25/84)

[Line-eater?  WHAT line-ea... (burp)]

> From: brad@looking.UUCP

> A recent suggestion implies the Doctor is a convicted criminal.
> He is not.  He was an outcast for a time, trapped on Earth, but after
> he saved the Universe in "The Three Doctors" he was forgiven and set
> free.  And this was in 1973 mind you, over ten years ago.

If this is in response to my sister's posting from my account (aarggh! :-)
then I have to note that much of this is unclear from only two seasons of
Tom Baker (all the local PBS has).

WANTED: A local station, or a cable station, with more DR. WHO!

--bsa
--
  Brandon Allbery: decvax!cwruecmp{!atvax}!ncoast!bsa: R0176@CSUOHIO.BITNET
	 6504 Chestnut Road, Independence, OH 44131 <> (216) 524-1416

				<burble>