[net.tv.drwho] More Celebrity Appearances

stu3@mhuxh.UUCP (Mark Modig) (10/05/84)

Jean Marsh (of "Upstairs Downstairs", among other things) played
Sara Kingdom, a baddie turned goodie, in a very long Patrick
Troughton serial.  The name escapes me at the moment, but I shall
post it when I find out, provided someone else has not already done
so.

"Danger, Will Robinson!"

Mark Modig
..ihnp4!btlunix!mom

hobbit@sunybcs.UUCP (Thomas Pellitieri) (10/09/84)

In article <203@mhuxh.UUCP> stu3@mhuxh.UUCP (Mark Modig) writes:

>Jean Marsh (of "Upstairs Downstairs", among other things) played
>Sara Kingdom, a baddie turned goodie, in a very long Patrick
>Troughton serial.  The name escapes me at the moment...
>
>Mark Modig
>..ihnp4!btlunix!mom

Sara Kingdom was a very short-lived companion, appearing in the
William Hartnell story "The Dalek Masterplan".  This was a 12-episode
story which included the Christmas Episode, "The Feast of Stephen".

This story is interesting because another famous person was also in
it.  This person played Brett Vyron (sp?) and he went on to play the
role of Brigadier Alister Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart!  Nicholas Courtney
is the only person to have played with each Doctor (except Colin Baker...
He'll get his chance, though!).

Also, Jean Marsh is playing the role of Princess Mombi in the upcoming
Disney Movie, "Return to Oz" (not a nice character, by the way)

				Happy Times and Places,
--
				-The Parker Hobbit

UUCP:		{allegra, seismo}!rochester!rocksvax!sunybcs!hobbit
or try		decvax!sunybcs!hobbit
"When your song is over and the words have all been sung
 We'll hold on to the meaning.  Keep your love alive and young"