[net.tv.drwho] cameo by Peter Davison

rsk@pucc-h (Rich Kulawiec) (10/05/84)

	Just saw part 6 (?) of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
	on TV; and I believe I saw Davison credited as playing
	"The Dish of the Day".
--
---Rsk

UUCP: { decvax, icalqa, ihnp4, inuxc, sequent, uiucdcs  } !pur-ee!rsk
      { decwrl, hplabs, icase, psuvax1, siemens, ucbvax } !purdue!rsk

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

guest@duke.UUCP (James T. Kirk) (10/10/84)

<Wheeze groan wheeze groan cogh cough SPLAT!>

Is this Rsk The Wombat of net.games.rogue??

				The Shadow

Now where you boys goin with all that Coca Cola??

stv@qantel.UUCP (Steve Vance@ex2499) (10/10/84)

> 	Just saw part 6 (?) of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
> 	on TV; and I believe I saw Davison credited as playing
> 	"The Dish of the Day".
> --

Naaww, that wasn't Peter, it was the guy in the Darth Vader suit,
David Prowse.
--

Steve Vance
{ucbvax,ihnp4,zehntel,onyx}!dual!qantel!stv

rsk@pucc-h (Rich Kulawiec (Vombatus Hirsutus)) (10/11/84)

	Naaw, I don't believe that...I'm really *sure* I saw Davison's
	name in the credits.

	Okay, who's been VCR'ing the HH Guide series out there?  Can somebody
	check on this?

--
---Rsk

UUCP: { decvax, icalqa, ihnp4, inuxc, sequent, uiucdcs  } !pur-ee!rsk
      { decwrl, hplabs, icase, psuvax1, siemens, ucbvax } !purdue!rsk

"It'll definitely improve our reputation as a party school."

	--anonymous Purdue student, on TV-18 (local) news, Saturday, 10/6/84
	  after a Friday night of spontaneous rioting.

urban@spp2.UUCP (10/11/84)

In article <233@qantel.UUCP> stv@qantel.UUCP (Steve Vance@ex2499) writes:

>> 	Just saw part 6 (?) of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
>> 	on TV; and I believe I saw Davison credited as playing
>> 	"The Dish of the Day".
>> --
>
>Naaww, that wasn't Peter, it was the guy in the Darth Vader suit,
>David Prowse.
>--

Naaww, that WAS Peter, David Prowse was Hotblack's bodyguard.
(I seem to remember the book describes the bodyguard as fitting
in his suit the way you stuff upholstry, or similar...)

	Mike

demillo@uwmacc.UUCP (Rob DeMillo) (10/12/84)

> > 	Just saw part 6 (?) of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
> > 	on TV; and I believe I saw Davison credited as playing
> > 	"The Dish of the Day".
> > --
>
> Naaww, that wasn't Peter, it was the guy in the Darth Vader suit,
> David Prowse.
> --

Yaaww, that was Peter. (David Prowse was the tall bodyguard that
almost beat up Ford Prefect. As a matter of fact, Peter met his
wife on Hitchhikers....yup, Peter "Dr. Who" Davison married
"Trillian..."

Read it 'an weep....

                    --- Rob DeMillo
                        MACC
                        ...seismo!uwvax!uwmacc!demillo

ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) (10/12/84)

> 	Just saw part 6 (?) of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
> 	on TV; and I believe I saw Davison credited as playing
> 	"The Dish of the Day".
> --

Naaww, that wasn't Peter, it was the guy in the Darth Vader suit,
David Prowse.

Steve Vance

****
Gee, I don't know.  David Prowse played the bodyguard of Disaster Area's
manager (I forget his name).  He's kind of big to be the dish of the
day.
--

	"Trivia is important."		Ron Christian
	    (syntax bug)		Watkins-Johnson Co.

hobbit@sunybcs.UUCP (Thomas Pellitieri) (10/12/84)

In article <233@qantel.UUCP> stv@qantel.UUCP (Steve Vance@ex2499) writes:
>> 	Just saw part 6 (?) of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
>> 	on TV; and I believe I saw Davison credited as playing
>> 	"The Dish of the Day".

>Naaww, that wasn't Peter, it was the guy in the Darth Vader suit,
>David Prowse.
>
>Steve Vance

Steve, you're almost right.  Peter was "The Dish of the Day".
David Prowse played Hotback Desistato's (sp?) bodyguard (the tough
looking guy who picks Ford Prefect up by the collar).

By the way, Sandra Dickenson (Trillian) is Mrs. Peter Davison.

				Whoviastically,
--
				-The Parker Hobbit

UUCP:		{allegra, seismo}!rochester!rocksvax!sunybcs!hobbit
or try		decvax!sunybcs!hobbit

"'Once Upon a Time' should be in the future
 Storytellers keep it in the past
 Dreaming's what improves us, Motivates and moves us,
 You won't be my first love, but you might be my last!"

okamoto@ucbvax.ARPA (Jeff Okamoto) (10/12/84)

> > 	Just saw part 6 (?) of "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"
> > 	on TV; and I believe I saw Davison credited as playing
> > 	"The Dish of the Day".
> > --
>
> Naaww, that wasn't Peter, it was the guy in the Darth Vader suit,
> David Prowse.
> --

Actually it was.  David Prowse played Hotblack Desiato's bodyguard.

Jeff Okamoto
okamoto%miro@Berkeley
ucbvax!okamoto

john@orion.UUCP (10/13/84)

[]
However Peter Davison wife plays Trillian (Sandra Dickision (sp!) ).

brian@digi-g.UUCP (Mr. Bozo) (10/13/84)

<It's a bug-eyed monster, Doctor!>

Yes, it was Peter Davison as "Dish of the Day" in Hitch-hiker's Guide.  He
doesn't look or sound like himself at all, though.  Better actor than I thought.

							Merlyn Leroy

dbb@aicchi.UUCP (Burch) (10/14/84)

> 	Naaw, I don't believe that...I'm really *sure* I saw Davison's
> 	name in the credits.
>
> 	Okay, who's been VCR'ing the HH Guide series out there?  Can somebody
> 	check on this?
>
> --
> ---Rsk
>
> UUCP: { decvax, icalqa, ihnp4, inuxc, sequent, uiucdcs  } !pur-ee!rsk
>       { decwrl, hplabs, icase, psuvax1, siemens, ucbvax } !purdue!rsk
>
> "It'll definitely improve our reputation as a party school."
>
> 	--anonymous Purdue student, on TV-18 (local) news, Saturday, 10/6/84
> 	  after a Friday night of spontaneous rioting.

Well, Peter Davidson was "The Dish of The Day" in Milloways....
Strange but true!

-Ben Burch

okamoto@ucbvax.ARPA (Jeff Okamoto) (10/15/84)

> 	Naaw, I don't believe that...I'm really *sure* I saw Davison's
> 	name in the credits.
>
> 	Okay, who's been VCR'ing the HH Guide series out there?  Can somebody
> 	check on this?
>
> --
> ---Rsk

I've been VCRing the series and you can trust me that Peter Davison
played the Dish of the Day and that David Prowse played the bodyguard
of Hotblack Desiato.