[net.tv.drwho] Episode Question

nairb@ihlpg.UUCP (b. enke) (01/24/85)

A question for all you true trekkies:
	Was our favorite series broadcast for three seasons or four?
	Also, how many episodes were shown altogether??

Now the same question for all true whoies(???):
	How many seasons has Dr. Who appeared in England?
	Also, how many episodes have been shown??

				Mr. Chekov, fire photon torpedoes!!!

jca@abnji.UUCP (james armstrong) (01/25/85)

>Now the same question for all true whoies(???):
>	How many seasons has Dr. Who appeared in England?
>	Also, how many episodes have been shown??

Dr Who is in its 22 season on BBC, being shown Saturdays at 5:20 on BBC-1
(After the football results!).  For all but three seasons it has been shown
at that time.

There have been broadcast the equivalent of 639 22.5 minute episodes broadcast
for 137 stories as of Saturday 26 January, 1985.  Some episodes have been
broadcast in a 45 minute or 90 minute format, the total of original showings
is therefore 630.  The stories so broadcast are:

Five Doctors: 90 minutes on 25 November, 1983
Ressurection of the Daleks: 2 45 minute episodes on 8 February, 1984 and 15
	February, 1984
Attack of the Cybermen: 2 45 minute episodes on 5 January, 1985 and 12
	January, 1985
Vengeance on Varos: 2 45 minute episodes on 19 January, 1985 and 26 January,
	1985.

The remaining part of the season will follow this format.

JCA

herbie@watdcsu.UUCP (Herb Chong [DCS]) (01/25/85)

In article <106@ihlpg.UUCP> nairb@ihlpg.UUCP (b. enke) writes:
>A question for all you true trekkies:
>	Was our favorite series broadcast for three seasons or four?
>	Also, how many episodes were shown altogether??
three seasons, 78 or 79 depending on how you count ``The Managerie''.

Herb Chong...

I'm user-friendly -- I don't byte, I nybble....

zubbie@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) (01/29/85)

> A question for all you true trekkies:
> 	Was our favorite series broadcast for three seasons or four?
> 	Also, how many episodes were shown altogether??
>
> 				Mr. Chekov, fire photon torpedoes!!!

*** THIS ISN'T A LINE IT'S THE EDGE OF A WORMHOLE ***

3 years and 84 episodes

rcb@rti-sel.UUCP (Randy Buckland) (01/31/85)

> > A question for all you true trekkies:
> > 	Was our favorite series broadcast for three seasons or four?
> > 	Also, how many episodes were shown altogether??
> >
> > 				Mr. Chekov, fire photon torpedoes!!!
>
> *** THIS ISN'T A LINE IT'S THE EDGE OF A WORMHOLE ***
>
> 3 years and 84 episodes

Wrong. 78 episodes with one episode being 2 shows long.

					Randy Buckland
					Research Triangle Institute
					...!mcnc!rti-sel!rcb