[net.tv.drwho] Who's on first

csdeptaa@unm-cvax.UUCP (01/11/85)

     I don't know why a Star Trek movie couldn't be made that has Doctor Who
in it.  I mean, well, look at it this way.  Considering all the 'companions'
that have come and gone, especially between the episodes "Full Circle" and
"Logoipolos"(sp?) which includes "Warrior's Gate" and "Keeper of Traken",
he [The Doctor] has every right to say "[Damn it, K-9,] I'm THE DOCTOR, not
a moon shuttle conductor!

                                          Chris Wayne @ UNM
                                                  or
                                  Baron Von Strange-Warped, M.D. @ UCLA
                              (University of Corrales and Lower Albuquerque)

md@ncsu.UUCP ( ) (01/18/85)

   I too would like to see the Doctor in a Star Trek movie.  I can just
   imagine Spock detecting the Tardis on the long range scanners and
   then the Tardis would materialize inside the bridge where upon
   the Doctor would be promptly arrested (after it did qet through the
   shields).  The problem is I would like this to be a surprise and
   would only want to be clued in on the Doctor being in the show by
   the sound of the Tardis materializing.

  The Doctor - spock interaction would be neat too.

cs2532aa@unm-cvax.UUCP (01/21/85)

<Sensors indicate the lineater heading towards us at warp speed, Captain...>

Hoping, of course, that this fact hasn't been posted recently, the Doctor
made a cameo appearance in Diane Duane's book /My Enemy, My Ally/.  Uhura
and a Lieutenant from Life Sciences are converting old television programs
from old 2-D format to be viewable on a holographic display stage.  One
of the shows they are converting is an episiode of /Doctor Who/.  Only
problem I had with this was that they described Tom Baker's Doctor delivering
a Peter Davison line, but I didn't even find that out until recently.  Then,
of course, there's the now-classic "The Doctor and the Enterprise", which
I understand has been recently reprinted in an issue of /Enterprise Incidents/.

	"I'm a doctor, not a cordless vibrator!"

		.rne.

----------------------------------------------------------+  USnail:
UUCP: {purdue,cmc12,ihnp4}!lanl!unmvax!unm-cvax!cs2532aa  |  Ernie Longmire
  {csu-cs,pur-ee,gatech,ucbvax}!unmvax!unm-cvax!cs2532aa  |  311 Don St. SE
----------------------------------------------------------+  Los Lunas NM 87031

ron@wjvax.UUCP (Ron Christian) (01/22/85)

On the Doctor/Startrek crossover:  Chances of a movie are almost
nill.  But,,,,, How about a TV special?  Could we get Gene Roddenberry
and John Nathan Turner together on this?  I always get a thrill
when I hear that peculiar coughing sound.  I'd probably faint if
it happened on the bridge of the Enterprise.....

To the ST fanatics:  Yessssss I know this is net.startrek.  So sue me.
--

	Ron Christian  (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix}!wjvax!ron

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (01/22/85)

>From: csdeptaa@unm-cvax.UUCP
>
>     I don't know why a Star Trek movie couldn't be made that has Doctor Who
>in it.  I mean, well, look at it this way.  Considering all the 'companions'
>that have come and gone, especially between the episodes "Full Circle" and
>"Logoipolos"(sp?) which includes "Warrior's Gate" and "Keeper of Traken",
>he [The Doctor] has every right to say "[Damn it, K-9,] I'm THE DOCTOR, not
>a moon shuttle conductor!

I have to admit, I've been fooling around with this idea for a while. What
do the rest of you think about a combined Star Trek/Dr. Who story. (It
would probably sell great in paperback.)

As I picture it, the Doctor (as played by Tom Baker) and Romana I are
travelling in the TARDIS when it is dragged through a dimensional
instability and materializes on board the Enterprise (probably in a cargo
bay). As I see it, Tom Baker's version of the Doctor would be enough to
drive Kirk to drink (Spock would probably see him as a "archetypal
illogical human") while Romana would make a rather interesting love
interest for the weary captain.

It would be interesting to bring in a regular Dr. Who baddie, too. Could
you imagine James T. Kirk facing off with a Dalek?

Well, any thoughts...

--
	John Ruschmeyer			...!vax135!petsd!moncol!john
	Monmouth College		   ...!princeton!moncol!john

Kirk:   You ought to sell a manual of instructions with these things.
Cyrano: If I did, Captain... what would happen to the search for knowledge?

merchant@dartvax.UUCP (Peter Merchant) (01/24/85)

> On the Doctor/Startrek crossover:  Chances of a movie are almost
> nill.  But,,,,, How about a TV special?  Could we get Gene Roddenberry
> and John Nathan Turner together on this?  I always get a thrill
> when I hear that peculiar coughing sound.  I'd probably faint if
> it happened on the bridge of the Enterprise.....

I would tend to doubt it.  Doctor Who, while he might be all the rage
in England, is still relatively unknown in the US.  I saw my first Dr.
Who episode the other night on "Your New Jersey Network" and wasn't
amazingly impressed.  The visual effects were exceedingly grim.  I turned
it off after about 15 minutes and called my girlfriend.  Ended up having
to watch the last 15 minutes because of a timing mess-up and I really
wanted to watch Flash Gordon, which was on afterwards.

Count my vote as a serious negative on this one.
> To the ST fanatics:  Yessssss I know this is net.startrek.  So sue me.
You'll hear from my lawyer in the morning.  Check net.law...
> --
>
> 	Ron Christian  (Watkins-Johnson Co.  San Jose, Calif.)
> 	{pesnta,twg,ios,qubix,turtlevax,tymix}!wjvax!ron

--
"I'm the doctor!"                        Peter Merchant

wbell@utcs.UUCP (Warren Bell) (01/25/85)

In article <163@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
>It would be interesting to bring in a regular Dr. Who baddie, too. Could
>you imagine James T. Kirk facing off with a Dalek?
>

>Well, any thoughts...
>
>--
>	John Ruschmeyer			...!vax135!petsd!moncol!john
>	Monmouth College		   ...!princeton!moncol!john
>	W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

Could you imagine Captain Kirk, Spock and the rest facing off against
The Master?
Could you imagine Dr. Who facing the Klingons and/or the Romulans?

(just more to think about )

--
----
University of Toronto Computing Services	       Warren Bell

zubbie@ihlpa.UUCP (Jeanette Zobjeck) (01/29/85)

From postnews Tue Jan 29 11:22:05 1985

> It would be interesting to bring in a regular Dr. Who baddie, too. Could
> you imagine James T. Kirk facing off with a Dalek?
>

> Well, any thoughts...
>
> --
> 	John Ruschmeyer			...!vax135!petsd!moncol!john

*** REPLACE THIS MESSAGE WITH YOUR LINE ***
[***THIS REPLACEMENT IS NOT A LINE***]

10 SECONDS TO DETONATION
9 SECONDS TO DETONATION
8 SECONDS TO DETONATION
7 SECONDS TO DETONATION
6 SECONDS TO DETONATION
5 SECONDS TO DETONATION
4 SECONDS TO DETONATION
ABORT	ABORT	ABORT
RUBBERMEN ATTACK
ABBORT	ABORT	ABORT
hFhFhFhFhFhF

Jeanette Zobjeck
ihnp4!wlcrjs!zubbie

boyajian@akov68.DEC (Jerry Boyajian) (02/01/85)

Yes, I can imagine a movie combining STAR TREK with DR. WHO.

The very thought of it makes me want to fwow up.

--- jayembee (Jerry Boyajian, DEC, Maynard, MA)

UUCP:	{decvax|ihnp4|allegra|ucbvax|...}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-akov68!boyajian
ARPA:	boyajian%akov68.DEC@DECWRL.ARPA