[net.tv.drwho] How to find out about the net

jts@cornell.UUCP (02/14/85)

From: jts (Jim Sasaki)

> Although I know it is not the place for it, I would like to say that
> including info about things that aren't quite the subject matter of
> the particular network is fine by me.  (This is going here because
> of the rude comments about posting prisoner stuff on tv.drwho.)
>
> I realize there must be a listing of all the nets somewhere but until I find
> it this is the only way I can learn of new ones.

Try subscribing to net.announce.newusers.  You'll find all sorts of
information there, like a list of the newsgroups, and the rules of etiquette
(especially in regards to inappropriate postings).

And about calling them "rude comments".  Here's an analogy:

    Person A: "Gee, I wonder what time it is.  Here, let's make some noise."
              (various crashing and banging sounds)
    Person B: "You !#@$ idiot!  Don't you know it's 3 AM?"
    Person A: "Why are you being so rude?"

Of course, the analogy isn't perfect: person A presumably knows that crashing
garbage can lids at 3 AM isn't polite behavior; people who submit articles to
the wrong group haven't learned yet.

So please, please, let us move discussion of The Prisoner (one of my favorite
shows, by the way) off of net.tv.drwho.