[net.tv.drwho] Doctors name, PortMeiron, Douglas Adams

lindley@ut-ngp.UUCP (John L. Templer) (02/23/85)

I have a few questions concerning claims in recent postings about
the Doctor.

From: Jonathan Cohn <QU229C@GWUVM> (his roommate actually)

> For all fans the doctor's full name is Hurnjobadapelanndevaxsisi."
> I am not positive I got the spelling of that name correct but no matter,
> it is something similar if not that exactly.  No wonder everyone
> calls him "The doctor".
>
> Jonathan Cohn
> BITNET::JC595C@GWUVM or QU229C@GWUVM
> ATT::   (201) 676-2353

Can anyone verify this?  Or would Jonathon ask his freind where he got
the from?  The only two times I ever heard the Doctor's name mentioned
was during the Hartnell episode, _An Unearthly Child_, when he assumes
the name Dr.  Foreman, and durning the keys-to-time episode (forgot the
title, it was the last one) when the other Galifreyan calls the Doctor
"Pete."

From: ckuppe@spock.UUCP (Charles A. Kupperman '87 )

> The Village, as it was called, is indeed PortMeiron.  A long and very
> pictorial essay on this village was included in a previous issue of the
> American journal "Fantasy Empire."   This village was also used for the
> filming of the Dr. Who classic, "Masque of Mandragora."

Are you sure of this?  They just finished showing this episode here in
Austin and the village didn't look very much like that in The
Prisoner.  Of course, they didn't show very much of the exterior of the
buildings.

Finally, someone in this network (I think it was this one) claimed that
Douglas Adams would be on Late Night With David Letterman last night
(Thursday).  Well, after waiting through the whole show, hydraulic
press and all, my freind and I saw not one sign of Adams.  Maybe some
other night.
--

                                           John L. Templer
                                     University of Texas at Austin

    {allegra,gatech,seismo!ut-sally,vortex}!ut-ngp!lindley

                 "Gongo Bunnies movin' in,