[net.tv.drwho] John Cleese on Dr.Who

trudel@topaz.ARPA (Jonathan) (05/07/85)

In article <19@uw-june> gordon@uw-june (Jamie Green) writes:

>>        Even more bizzare, Can you imagine a new Doctor, as  John Cleese!?!
>
>Oh, no, Basil Fawlty in Time and Space!  He screams the oogy monsters into
>submission?  I can't wait to see what he'd do when (not if :-) ) the TARDIS
>conked out!!

RRRIGHT!!!

I don't know how many of you have seen him, but Mr. Cleese made an
appearance on Dr. Who in the episode "City of Death." The Tardis is in the
Leouvre (sp??), and the Doctor and Romana race into it, and zoom off into
the past.  Cleese and his female companion are admiring it as a work of art,
and are in awe as it dematerializes, remarking "Breathtaking, absolutely
breathtaking."

Seriously, I'd really like to see him on the show.  Can you imagine Manuel
as the Doctor's companion also?  "Mister Doctor, mister Doctor!!" :-))

				Jonathan D. Trudel
				arpa:Trudel@ru-blue.arpa
				uucp:{seismo,allegra}!topaz!trudel

kek@mgweed.UUCP (Kit Kimes) (05/07/85)

The man I would like to see as the good Doctor is Jeremy Brent who just
played Sherlock Holmes in the Mystery series.  I couldn't help thinking
as I was sitting there watching him, what a fantastic Dr Who he would
make!  He was just excellent as Sherlock Holmes.  The London Times
called him the best they had seen.

Excuse me, I have to dematerialize....

					Kit Kimes
					AT&T Consumer Products
					Montgomery Works
					Montgomery, Il. 60538-0305
					..!ihnp4!mgweed!kek

mary@bunkerb.UUCP (Mary Shurtleff) (05/08/85)

 >>        Even more bizzare, Can you imagine a new Doctor, as  John Cleese!?!
 >
 >Oh, no, Basil Fawlty in Time and Space!  He screams the oogy monsters into
 >submission?  I can't wait to see what he'd do when (not if :-) ) the TARDIS
 >conked out!!

Yeah, he could rip a sapling from the ground and whale on the TARDIS with it,
all the while screaming frantically about "I warned you....!".  Sublime,
absolutely sublime.

M. Shurtleff