[net.tv.drwho] Dr. Who Trivia Quiz

jwb@ritcv.UUCP (John Baker) (07/25/85)

All you Whovians,
  Get your submissions to the Dr. Who Trivia Quiz in to me soon.
If I don't get anymore responses in the next couple days, I will post
the results.  So far I have recieved responses from the following
people:
         Jamie Green
         Jeff Okamoto
         Nancy Tinkham
         Brad Templeton

If you have not responded, do so!  If you need a copy of it,
send mail to me, and I will hold the results until you
get a copy and send it back.  mail entries to:

ihnp4!seismo!rochester!ritcv!jwb

                  Thanks alot!,
                  -- John Baker

             LONG LIVE THE DOCTOR!

jwb@ritcv.UUCP (John Baker) (07/25/85)

Sorry to post this again, but it seems some people missed
it the first time, so here is the Dr. Who Trivia Quiz
once again.

Ok everyone!, People have requested for trivia, and
I decided to make up a Dr. Who trivia quiz.  I think
this may be quite hard, but you may amaze me!
Mail your replies to ihnp4!seismo!rochester!ritcv!jwb.
Give it a try, I will post top scores, and if enough response
answers.  Please include your mailing addresses,
so I can send your scores back!

              The Doctor Who Trivia Quiz
             ----------------------------

                   by: John Baker

This quiz is split up into 5 parts each worth 20 points.
The questions range in hardness in each category from
2 points being the easiest to 6 being the hardest.
The first question is worth 2 points, the second is 3,
and so on up to the fifth question being worth
6 points.  Good Luck!

                 Topics
                --------
            I. Cybermen
           II. K-9
          III. The Doctor (timelords)
           IV. Episodes
            V. Miscellaneous

I. Cybermen

   1. What is the name of earth's twin planet, where the Cybermen
      were created?
   2. What race lives on the Planet of Gold, and are great enemies to the
      Cybermen?
   3. Because of what weakness did the Cybermen construct special
      storage cells to protect themselves?
   4. After the Cybermen recovered from their early defeats, they
      began a series of wars called what?
   5. Why were the Cybermen banished from games arranged in the Death
      Zone?

II. K-9

   1. Who was the professor who created K-9?
   2. Who was the first voice of K-9?
   3. In what Dr. Who episode did K-9 actually communicate with the
      TARDIS in?
   4. What was the name of the computer in "The Armageddon Factor"
      which K-9 warned the Doctor about it self destructing?
   5. What was the name of the robot parrot that K-9 battled
      in "The Pirate Planet"?

III. The Doctor (timelords)

   1. How many times may a timelord regenerate?
   2. What is the type of TARDIS the Doctor stole when
      leaving Gallifrey?
   3. What is the Doctor's real name?
   4. What are the inhabitants of the wilderness on Gallifrey
      called?
   5. Who accompanied the Doctor when he escaped Gallifrey,
      she also called him her "grandfather".

IV. Episodes

   1. What was the name of the large creature in "The Ark in Space"?
   2. What was the name of the planet the Doctor first landed
      on in "The Armageddon Factor"?
   3. Who was the Sontaran warrior in "The Time Warrior"?
   4. Whose hand took over Sarah in "The Hand of Fear"?
   5. What was the planet the Doctor was stranded on in "Death to the
      Daleks"?

V. Miscellaneous

   1. Name one movie in which Peter Cushing starred as the Doctor?
   2. What airplane was featured in "Timeflight"?
   3. In what episode did Romana II leave?
   4. Who was the "bad guy" in "The Caves of Androzani", who wore a
      half-white, half-black mask and was played by Chris Gable?
   5. What planet is Adric from?

see1@sphinx.UChicago.UUCP (Cavewoman) (07/28/85)

| From: jwb@ritcv.UUCP (John Baker)
| Subject: Dr. Who Trivia Quiz
|

| III. The Doctor (timelords)
|
|   3. What is the Doctor's real name?

No.  No!  NO!!

Please don't tell us the Doctor's "real name" is Thete, or Theta, or any
variation on his Academy nickname.  And PLEASE don't pull someone's idea
of his "real name" out of a fanzine.

To my knowledge, there is NO canonical "real name" for the Doctor.  As
James C. Armstrong once pointed out to this group, the one-and-only True
Doctor is named --

The Doctor.

<Thank you.  End of flame.>

--
 Ellen Keyne Seebacher             x9.xes%UChicago.Mailnet@MIT-Multics.arpa
                                          ihnp4!gargoyle!sphinx!see1

"It takes all kinds to make a galaxy, Your Grace."   -- Terror of the Zygons