[net.tv.drwho] Davison in other roles

ewan@uw-june (Ewan Tempero) (08/12/85)

This has been bugging me for some time....

At about the time Davison took on the role of the good doctor he had also
just finished the first season ( or was finishing... ) of the series where
he and his brother left home ( from some farm ) to live in London. It was
a comedy series, I'm not sure who put it out ( LWT? ).

What brought this to mind was, in Frontios, the guy who had an android
duplicate was the guy who played Davison's brother in this series.

The second or third season of this show had Davison at some University
as a computer science student ( of all things.... ). This may or may not
have been Leeds.

In the show, Davison had a girl friend who had some ...ah...rather wierd
views on the world.

That's about as much as I can remember

Your task: What was this show called and who were the characters? ( I'll
           remember as soon as you tell me I know it....)

Thanks,

--
            Ewan

------------
Ewan Tempero                                      "Oh no, not again"
UUCP: ...!uw-beaver!uw-june!edtking    ARPA: edtking@washington.ARPA
Please check all nuclear arms at the door.

lepine@ctoavx.DEC (08/21/85)

>   Davison...had...just finished the first season...of...a comedy series...
>   What was the show called and who were the characters?

   The programme that you are referring to was called "SINK OR SWIM".  I can't
remember what the characters' names are off the top of my head.

--Simon Barker

wtb@rayssd.UUCP (William T. Blake) (09/06/85)

wasn't he also 'Dish of the Day' in the tv adaptation of

"Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy"
by Douglas Adams  ????????????
--
 Bill Blake,		{allegra, decvax!brunix, ccieng5}!rayssd!wtb
 Raytheon Co,		 Submarine Signal Div., Portsmouth, RI

brown@nicmad.UUCP (09/09/85)

In article <1031@rayssd.UUCP> wtb@rayssd.UUCP (William T. Blake) writes:

>wasn't he also 'Dish of the Day' in the tv adaptation of
>
>"Hitchikers Guide to the Galaxy"
>by Douglas Adams  ????????????

Y E S ! ! ! !
--

Mr. Video   {seismo!uwvax!|!decvax|!ihnp4}!nicmad!brown

percus@acf4.UUCP (Allon G. Percus) (09/13/85)

Wasn't it "Meal of the day"?  I thought I remember that.
(Yes, it was Davison who played him).  I never read what
is by now the quintology, so I'm not sure.

                                         A. G. Percus
                                  (ARPA) percus@acf4
                                   (NYU) percus.acf4
                                  (UUCP) ...!ihnp4!cmcl2!acf4!percus