[net.tv.drwho] The Edge of Destruction

john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) (09/22/85)

Did anyone else notice the credits at the end of "The Edge of Destruction"?

It would appear that they were the original,not a Lionheart creation.

--
Name:		John Ruschmeyer
US Mail:	Monmouth College, W. Long Branch, NJ 07764

	"Are we gonna be starcrossed lovers or just good friends?"

brown@nicmad.UUCP (09/25/85)

In article <510@moncol.UUCP> john@moncol.UUCP (John Ruschmeyer) writes:
>Did anyone else notice the credits at the end of "The Edge of Destruction"?
>
>It would appear that they were the original,not a Lionheart creation.

No, not yet, but for your information, Lionheart does NOT do any of the
editing of the tapes that you see.  What you see is what the BBC sends
over from England.  So, any and all changes, like the new characters
for the titles for stories A & B, were done by the BBC.

BTW, I didn't know that the BBC could re-copyright the stories.  The
first two Hartnells have 1985 copyrights.  What gives here?!
--

Mr. Video   {seismo!uwvax!|!decvax|!ihnp4}!nicmad!brown

percus@acf4.UUCP (Allon G. Percus) (09/29/85)

> BTW, I didn't know that the BBC could re-copyright the stories.  The
> first two Hartnells have 1985 copyrights.  What gives here?!

The English copyright lasts (I believe...) 19 years, so BBC has probably
renewed the Hartnell copyrights when they sold it to the States.
Therefore, in the stories with the redesigned credits, they included
the updated copyright info. (In "Edge of Destruction," I believe
they gave the original 1964 copyright date, as they did NOT
redesign the credits for that one.)
                                         A. G. Percus
                                  (ARPA) percus@acf4
                                   (NYU) percus.acf4