[net.tv.drwho] Colin Baker

mathnews@watdcsu.UUCP (mathNEWS) (10/21/85)

TVOntario is currently showing the Peter Davison series of Dr. Who
"Arc of Infinity"  (Saturday, 7:00 pm and rebroadcast Thursday, 7:00
pm for those who aren't watching but want to).  I noted that Maxil
is played by Colin Baker...is this the same one who replaced Davison?

In a similar vein, does anyone out there know when WNED (PBS in
Buffalo) is getting the Hartnell and Troughton series, and when anyone
is going to show the Colin Baker series?

                                                           dwarf

--
"May your Coke always be Classic."

mathNEWS--the math student newspaper at the University of Waterloo

{allegra|clyde|linus|ihnp4|decvax}!watmath!watdcsu!mathnews          UUCP
mathnews%watdcsu@waterloo.csnet                                      CSNET
mathnews@watdcsu                                                     NETNORTH

bobh@pedsgd.UUCP (Bob Halloran) (10/22/85)

In article <1777@watdcsu.UUCP> mathnews@watdcsu.UUCP (mathNEWS) writes:
>TVOntario is currently showing the Peter Davison series of Dr. Who
>"Arc of Infinity"  (Saturday, 7:00 pm and rebroadcast Thursday, 7:00
>pm for those who aren't watching but want to).  I noted that Maxil
>is played by Colin Baker...is this the same one who replaced Davison?
>
>In a similar vein, does anyone out there know when WNED (PBS in
>Buffalo) is getting the Hartnell and Troughton series, and when anyone
>is going to show the Colin Baker series?

Yes it was the same Colin Baker ... in an intterview, he credits his
playing of that part with getting him the role of the Doctor.

New Jersey Network (Ch 23-50-52-58) has been showing the Hartnell and
Troughton series since early September, and will be showing the first
of the Colin Baker series ('Twin Dilemma') this Saturday, 26 October.
Future C.B. episodes will appear on the last Saturday of the month
for the near future, with Hartnell/Troughton episodes the other
weekends (apparently the last-Saturday thing is a function of Lionheart
distribution, rather than station policy).

						Bob Halloran
						Sr MTS, Perkin-Elmer DSG
UUCP: {decvax, ucbvax, most Action Central}!vax135\
		       	 {topaz, pesnta, princeton}!petsd!pedsgd!bobh
USPS: 106 Apple St M/S 305, Tinton Falls NJ 07724
DDD: (201) 758-7000
Disclaimer: They don't know, and they probably don't care.
Quote: "A bored hacker is a dangerous thing!!" -- O. W. Jones, "Bloom County"

percus@acf4.UUCP (Allon G. Percus) (10/24/85)

> ...I noted that Maxil
> is played by Colin Baker...is this the same one who replaced Davison?

You have hit upon a classic Dr. Who trivia point.  The answer is yes.

> In a similar vein, does anyone out there know when WNED (PBS in
> Buffalo) is getting the Hartnell and Troughton series, and when anyone
> is going to show the Colin Baker series?

Answering your second question, New Jersey Network is showing the Colin
Bakers at the rate of one on the the last Saturday of each month,
starting a few days from now.  "Twin Dilemma" is on October 26.

                                         A. G. Percus
                                  (ARPA) percus@acf4
                                   (NYU) percus.acf4
                                  (UUCP) ...!ihnp4!cmcl2!acf4!percus

brown@nicmad.UUCP (10/25/85)

In article <1777@watdcsu.UUCP> mathnews@watdcsu.UUCP (mathNEWS) writes:
>TVOntario is currently showing the Peter Davison series of Dr. Who
>"Arc of Infinity"  (Saturday, 7:00 pm and rebroadcast Thursday, 7:00
>pm for those who aren't watching but want to).  I noted that Maxil
>is played by Colin Baker...is this the same one who replaced Davison?

Yep!

>In a similar vein, does anyone out there know when WNED (PBS in
>Buffalo) is getting the Hartnell and Troughton series, and when anyone
>is going to show the Colin Baker series?

I don't know about WNED, but The New Jersey Network starts showing,
at one story per month, the Colins Baker stories on the 28th.  I already
have them in my collection.
--

Mr. Video   {seismo!uwvax!|!decvax|!ihnp4}!nicmad!brown

brown@nicmad.UUCP (10/25/85)

In article <398@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad.UUCP (Mr. Video) writes:
>In article <1777@watdcsu.UUCP> mathnews@watdcsu.UUCP (mathNEWS) writes:
>>In a similar vein, does anyone out there know when WNED (PBS in
>>Buffalo) is getting the Hartnell and Troughton series, and when anyone
>>is going to show the Colin Baker series?
>
>I don't know about WNED, but The New Jersey Network starts showing,
>at one story per month, the Colins Baker stories on the 28th.  I already
                                                         ^^^^
                                                 OOPS!   26th