[net.tv.drwho] Spirit Of Light and DWFCA

brown@nicmad.UUCP (12/03/85)

[munch munch munch munch.  Boy that dispute sure tastes good]

I talked with Norman Rubenstein, Spirit Of Light everything, and he
told me the reason why Ron Katz and DWFCA was not allowed at Tardis 22.

But, because he told me off the record, I cannot give you the reason.
Suffice it to say that the argument previously given by someone else
on the net was way off base.  Norman DID have a real reason.  The reason
that he gave also jived with something along the same line, that happened
here in Madison.

Norman is a shrude business man.  That is the reason that Anthony Ainley
signed on at the last minute.  He had final contract negotiations to take
care of.  That from Anthony Ainley's mouth to my ears, early this morning.

So, before you blast Spirit Of Light, get all the details before lighting
that flame.  True, Norman is not the best, but he isn't as indicated in
that posting.

Some comments from me on this year's Tardis 22 convention will be forthcoming
in another posting.
--

              ihnp4------\
            harvard-\     \

freak@ihlpa.UUCP (Malloy) (12/04/85)

> I talked with Norman Rubenstein, Spirit Of Light everything, and he
> told me the reason why Ron Katz and DWFCA was not allowed at Tardis
> 22.
>
> But, because he told me off the record, I cannot give you the
> reason. Suffice it to say that the argument previously given by
> someone else on the net was way off base. Norman DID have a real
> reason. The reason that he gave also jived with something along
> the same line, that happened here in Madison.
>
> Norman is a shrude business man. That is the reason that Anthony
> Ainley signed on at the last minute. He had final contract
> negotiations to take care of. That from Anthony Ainley's mouth to
> my ears, early this morning.
>
> So, before you blast Spirit Of Light, get all the details before
> lighting that flame. True, Norman is not the best, but he isn't as
> indicated in that posting.

* * * * * * * * FLAME ON * * * * * * * *

	I was at TARDIS 22.  I paid $40.00 for a three days pass, $18
for the Cabaret and $27 for the Lunch.  Add to that $63 for the room,
and a few hundred more to books, pins, posters, etc.  So, I can say
that it cost me a lot of my hard earned money.

	Mr. Rubenstein is NOT repeat NOT a "shrude business man".  He
is a JERK.  That's right I said JERK.  Because this is the net, I cannot
use the word(s) that I really think.  Mr. Rubenstein is a schister lawyer
who is out to make as much money as he can and damn anyone that is going
to take a penny from him.  Imagine the gall of telling people who paid
the amount of money that we paid, that we could only get the autograph
of the stars on HIS 8x10 photos, that HE was charging $5 for.

	And for another thing... My friend and I got in line for the
Cabaret at 15:30 (the show started at 19:00, (that's a 3.5hr wait)).
They were to open the doors 30 minutes before show time.  Then, 10
minutes before the doors were to open, they (SoL) started another line,
from another door.  So people that were waiting for over three hours
had the same chance for good seats as someone that had just come in.

	Sitting here thinking about it, I can't think of even one
thing that SoL did for the people that were there.  If you were there
maybe you can, but I doubt it.

	One final comment...  In the previous posting "Mr. Video"
stated that he knew the real reason for 'The Doctor Who Fan Club
of America' not being there and why Ron Katz could not even buy
a ticket.  He also stated that since he was told "off the record",
he couldn't post said reason.  To this I say: "B___S___".  If it
is really a reason, and not an excuse, What is that schister afraid
of?

* * * * * * * * FLAME OFF * * * * * * * *

From inside the Tesseract of
	Clancy Malloy
	(ihnp4!ihlpa!freak)

| Everyone looked up and realized that we were only tenants of this world; |
|    We have been given a new lease, and a warning, from the landlord.     |

brown@nicmad.UUCP (12/06/85)

Then you wrote:
>* * * * * * * * FLAME ON * * * * * * * *
>
>	I was at TARDIS 22.  I paid $40.00 for a three days pass, $18
>for the Cabaret and $27 for the Lunch.  Add to that $63 for the room,
>and a few hundred more to books, pins, posters, etc.  So, I can say
>that it cost me a lot of my hard earned money.

Ok, I spent $80.00 for the three days (my 9 year old daughter and I),
$36.00 for the Cabaret and $54.00 for the luncheon (complete with mystery
meat).  Cabaret on Saturday, luncheon on Friday.  The room cost me $20.00.
Why?  Eight of us in a quad room for two nights.  So what!  These are
expected costs.  It is your fault for buying all of the stuff in the dealer's
room.

>	Mr. Rubenstein is NOT repeat NOT a "shrude business man".  He
>is a JERK.  That's right I said JERK.  Because this is the net, I cannot
>use the word(s) that I really think.  Mr. Rubenstein is a schister lawyer
>who is out to make as much money as he can and damn anyone that is going
>to take a penny from him.  Imagine the gall of telling people who paid
>the amount of money that we paid, that we could only get the autograph
>of the stars on HIS 8x10 photos, that HE was charging $5 for.

I thought a definition for 'shrude businessman' is a person out to make
as much money as possible.  That can take on many forms.  Yours being one
of them.  Now, it is time for my

		FLAME ON

You obviously didn't do any checking.  Jon Pertwee was the ONLY one that I
saw that was enforcing the rule.  He made people buy his book or get the photo.
I even mentioned that it sucked to Anthony Ainley, while we were talking early
Monday morning.  Anyway, SOME people DID manage to get autographs on other
things, from Jon Pertwee.  BUT, and this is a large BUT, the other actors DID
sign anything put in front of them.  All of the women did.  They even made a
point of it during the Lalla Ward/Janet Fielding, Sunday afternoon panel
session, ie, they will sign anything put in front of them.  So you have a false
flame there.

>	And for another thing... My friend and I got in line for the
>Cabaret at 15:30 (the show started at 19:00, (that's a 3.5hr wait)).
>They were to open the doors 30 minutes before show time.  Then, 10
>minutes before the doors were to open, they (SoL) started another line,
>from another door.  So people that were waiting for over three hours
>had the same chance for good seats as someone that had just come in.

You didn't say what your day was.  But on Saturday, there were two lines formed
from the beginning.  I got front row, stage right.  Not right side of stage,
but front of stage, stage right.

		FLAME OFF

>	Sitting here thinking about it, I can't think of even one
>thing that SoL did for the people that were there.  If you were there
>maybe you can, but I doubt it.

By your reasoning, you are right, they (SoL) didn't do anything personally
for me.  But, for our group, we had set up a meeting with Norman and got some
things for our local station to use during pledge breaks.

>	One final comment...  In the previous posting "Mr. Video"
>stated that he knew the real reason for 'The Doctor Who Fan Club
>of America' not being there and why Ron Katz could not even buy
>a ticket.  He also stated that since he was told "off the record",
>he couldn't post said reason.  To this I say: "B___S___".  If it
>is really a reason, and not an excuse, What is that schister afraid
>of?

Well, since I said that I wouldn't say anything on the record, I won't.
BUT, look through my previous postings about what happended to our local
TV station, WHA, and you will be able to put 2 and 2 together.  You will
look, figure it out and say 'so what!'.  But, a schister would use that
for the reason and he did.  Ron Katz and DWFCA are basically the same,
so the reason applies to both.

		FLAME ON

I don't know about you, but the food at the luncheon was S H I T ! ! !
I told Norman that.  He hopes that next year we can have a meal like
roast beef and potatoes.  We will see if he keeps his word.

		FLAME OFF

If you don't like Norman and what SoL does, why the Hell do you go?!