[net.tv.drwho] New Doctor??

barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards) (12/13/85)

In article <402@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad writes:

>I received in my mail today, the Tardis 22 flyer.  So here are some things
>not previously mentioned.

>There will be a Special Preview of 'The Inheritors Of Time'.  FIRST public
>appearance of the FIRST American actor chosen to play The Doctor.  FIRST
>announcement of opening date of the Play and FIRST info regarding ticket
>availability.

		    SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Is there anyone on the net who went to TARDIS 22 in Chicago and saw this?

Who is this Doctor?

What happened to Colin?

WHAT IS GOING ON???

(Excuse me if all these questions are ignorant.)

				Barth Richards
				Tellabs, Inc
				Lisle, IL

brown@nicmad.UUCP (12/16/85)

In article <743@tellab1.UUCP> barth@tellab3.UUCP (Barth Richards) writes:
>In article <402@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad writes:
>
>>I received in my mail today, the Tardis 22 flyer.  So here are some things
>>not previously mentioned.
>
>>There will be a Special Preview of 'The Inheritors Of Time'.  FIRST public
>>appearance of the FIRST American actor chosen to play The Doctor.  FIRST
>>announcement of opening date of the Play and FIRST info regarding ticket
>>availability.
>

>		    SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>
>Is there anyone on the net who went to TARDIS 22 in Chicago and saw this?

Ya, Me!

>Who is this Doctor?

The American Doctor's name is Roger Mueller.

>What happened to Colin?

Nothing!

>WHAT IS GOING ON???

Opening day, May 14, 1986, will see the World Premier of a Doctor Who play,
"Inheritors Of Time".  The place will be the Pickwick Theater, Park Ridge, IL.

Ticket prices will be about $18.00 - $22.00.  TicketMaster will be used,
starting Jan 9, 1986.  For more information:

	Ostrander Productions
	22 W. Monroe  Rm 806
	Chicago, IL  60603
	(312) 263-3946

I have 13 $2 discount coupons available.  They are good towards 2 tickets
purchased for the May 5 through May 29 shows.  Friday and Saturday nights
are not included.  I will send one coupon to the first 13 SASEs.  SEnd to:

	Mike Brown
	Nicolet Instrument Corp
	PO Box 4288
	Madison, WI  53711-0288
--

              ihnp4------\
            harvard-\     \

doctor@ihuxb.UUCP (cjw) (12/17/85)

> In article <402@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad writes:
>
> >I received in my mail today, the Tardis 22 flyer.  So here are some things
> >not previously mentioned.
>
> >There will be a Special Preview of 'The Inheritors Of Time'.  FIRST public
> >appearance of the FIRST American actor chosen to play The Doctor.  FIRST
> >announcement of opening date of the Play and FIRST info regarding ticket
> >availability.
>

> 		    SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>
> Is there anyone on the net who went to TARDIS 22 in Chicago and saw this?
>
> Who is this Doctor?
>
> What happened to Colin?
>
> WHAT IS GOING ON???
>
> (Excuse me if all these questions are ignorant.)
>

> 				Barth Richards
> 				Tellabs, Inc
> 				Lisle, IL

	Colin Baker is still the doctor on television. There is a new
actor playing the part of the doctor in the stage play that will be
opening in March 1986 in Park Ridge, Illinois. (I don't remember right
off the top of my head what his name is.) Tickets will be available in
January through Ticketmaster. After the terrible movies of the 1960s,
I know what everyone is thinking but this time it looks very good. I
was at the special preview and it looks promising.

	SPOILER FOLLOWS (Don't say you weren't warned).

	In the stage play they turn the clock ahead a bit. So as not to
interfere with BBC plans (for a few years at least), at the beginning
of the play the doctor has been dead for thousands of years. The Time
Lords have preserved his body for possible future use. Another great
calamity has befallen the time lords and this time has virtually wiped
them out. The last few time lords have deceided to revitalize him using
the half life they took from him when they forced Troughton to regenerate
into Pertwee. He has one big last assignment from the Time Lords.
Doctor #13 is born. I know a little more but since I can feel the flames
already, that will be all unless contacted on an individual basis.

				Clayton James Wootton
				AT&T
				Naperville, Illinois

Doctor: Have a jelly baby.
Leela:  So the Evil One was right you do eat babies.

From postnews Mon Dec 16 18:23:21 1985
From postnews Mon Dec 16 18:21:15 1985

Subject: Re: New Doctor?? (SPOILER clearly marked with blank lines after warning)
Newsgroups: net.tv.drwho

> In article <402@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad writes:
>
> >I received in my mail today, the Tardis 22 flyer.  So here are some things
> >not previously mentioned.
>
> >There will be a Special Preview of 'The Inheritors Of Time'.  FIRST public
> >appearance of the FIRST American actor chosen to play The Doctor.  FIRST
> >announcement of opening date of the Play and FIRST info regarding ticket
> >availability.
>

> 		    SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>
> Is there anyone on the net who went to TARDIS 22 in Chicago and saw this?
>
> Who is this Doctor?
>
> What happened to Colin?
>
> WHAT IS GOING ON???
>
> (Excuse me if all these questions are ignorant.)
>

> 				Barth Richards
> 				Tellabs, Inc
> 				Lisle, IL

	Colin Baker is still the doctor on television. There is a new
actor playing the part of the doctor in the stage play that will be
opening in March 1986 in Park Ridge, Illinois. (I don't remember right
off the top of my head what his name is.) Tickets will be available in
January through Ticketmaster. After the terrible movies of the 1960s,
I know what everyone is thinking but this time it looks very good. I
was at the special preview and it looks promising.

	SPOILER FOLLOWS (Don't say you weren't warned).

	In the stage play they turn the clock ahead a bit. So as not to
interfere with BBC plans (for a few years at least), at the beginning
of the play the doctor has been dead for thousands of years. The Time
Lords have preserved his body for possible future use. Another great
calamity has befallen the time lords and this time has virtually wiped
them out. The last few time lords have deceided to revitalize him using
the half life they took from him when they forced Troughton to regenerate
into Pertwee. He has one big last assignment from the Time Lords.
Doctor #13 is born. I know a little more but since I can feel the flames
already, that will be all unless contacted on an individual basis.

				Clayton James Wootton
				AT&T
				Naperville, Illinois

Doctor: Have a jelly baby.
Leela:  So the Evil One was right you do eat babies.

From postnews Mon Dec 16 18:24:43 1985

Subject: Re: New Doctor?? (SPOILER clearly marked)
Newsgroups: net.tv.drwho

> In article <402@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad writes:
>
> >I received in my mail today, the Tardis 22 flyer.  So here are some things
> >not previously mentioned.
>
> >There will be a Special Preview of 'The Inheritors Of Time'.  FIRST public
> >appearance of the FIRST American actor chosen to play The Doctor.  FIRST
> >announcement of opening date of the Play and FIRST info regarding ticket
> >availability.
>

> 		    SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>
> Is there anyone on the net who went to TARDIS 22 in Chicago and saw this?
>
> Who is this Doctor?
>
> What happened to Colin?
>
> WHAT IS GOING ON???
>
> (Excuse me if all these questions are ignorant.)
>

> 				Barth Richards
> 				Tellabs, Inc
> 				Lisle, IL

	Colin Baker is still the doctor on television. There is a new
actor playing the part of the doctor in the stage play that will be
opening in March 1986 in Park Ridge, Illinois. (I don't remember right
off the top of my head what his name is.) Tickets will be available in
January through Ticketmaster. After the terrible movies of the 1960s,
I know what everyone is thinking but this time it looks very good. I
was at the special preview and it looks promising.

	SPOILER FOLLOWS (Don't say you weren't warned).

	In the stage play they turn the clock ahead a bit. So as not to
interfere with BBC plans (for a few years at least), at the beginning
of the play the doctor has been dead for thousands of years. The Time
Lords have preserved his body for possible future use. Another great
calamity has befallen the time lords and this time has virtually wiped
them out. The last few time lords have deceided to revitalize him using
the half life they took from him when they forced Troughton to regenerate
into Pertwee. He has one big last assignment from the Time Lords.
Doctor #13 is born. I know a little more but since I can feel the flames
already, that will be all unless contacted on an individual basis.

				Clayton James Wootton
				AT&T
				Naperville, Illinois

Doctor: Have a jelly baby.
Leela:  So the Evil One was right you do eat babies.

From postnews Mon Dec 16 18:23:21 1985
From postnews Mon Dec 16 18:21:15 1985

Newsgroups: net.tv.drwho

> In article <402@nicmad.UUCP> brown@nicmad writes:
>
> >I received in my mail today, the Tardis 22 flyer.  So here are some things
> >not previously mentioned.
>
> >There will be a Special Preview of 'The Inheritors Of Time'.  FIRST public
> >appearance of the FIRST American actor chosen to play The Doctor.  FIRST
> >announcement of opening date of the Play and FIRST info regarding ticket
> >availability.
>

> 		    SAY WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
>
> Is there anyone on the net who went to TARDIS 22 in Chicago and saw this?
>
> Who is this Doctor?
>
> What happened to Colin?
>
> WHAT IS GOING ON???
>
> (Excuse me if all these questions are ignorant.)
>

> 				Barth Richards
> 				Tellabs, Inc
> 				Lisle, IL

	Colin Baker is still the doctor on television. There is a new
actor playing the part of the doctor in the stage play that will be
opening in March 1986 in Park Ridge, Illinois. (I don't remember right
off the top of my head what his name is.) Tickets will be available in
January through Ticketmaster. After the terrible movies of the 1960s,
I know what everyone is thinking but this time it looks very good. I
was at the special preview and it looks promising.

	SPOILER FOLLOWS (Don't say you weren't warned).

	In the stage play they turn the clock ahead a bit. So as not to
interfere with BBC plans (for a few years at least), at the beginning
of the play the doctor has been dead for thousands of years. The Time
Lords have preserved his body for possible future use. Another great
calamity has befallen the time lords and this time has virtually wiped
them out. The last few time lords have deceided to revitalize him using
the half life they took from him when they forced Troughton to regenerate
into Pertwee. He has one big last assignment from the Time Lords.
Doctor #13 is born. I know a little more but since I can feel the flames
already, that will be all unless contacted on an individual basis.

				Clayton James Wootton
				AT&T
				Naperville, Illinois

Doctor: Have a jelly baby.
Leela:  So the Evil One was right you do eat babies.

doctor@ihuxb.UUCP (cjw) (12/17/85)

	Sorry that last article seems to be repeating itself quite often.
Postnews kept telling me that the article wasn't being posted due to
a missing title. Now it seems to be doing something freaky. I don't know
why, I'm a hardware jock. Sorry I had to post this but I know if I
didn't, I would be broiled by flames by the end of the work day tomorrow.

			Clayton James Wootton
			AT&T
			Naperville, Illinois

CONTACT HAS BEEN MADE!