[net.tv.drwho] Pre Jon Pertwee Episodes and Douglas Adams

uri@mit-amt.MIT.EDU (Stuart Freedman) (01/26/86)

> Article <11516@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU>
> From: cc-30@cory.BERKELEY.EDU (Sean "Yoda" Rouse)

> >Rumour has it that they exist.  There may be a colour copy of Silurians
> >floating around on the black market, as well as Terror of the Autons
> >and The Daemons.
>
> I also met someone
> in line at Timecon '85 who said he had "The Daemons" in colour and that he
> got it in Chicago.
>
> 				-Sean "Yoda" Rouse

I actually saw a copy that a friend of mine obtained (The Daemons in color,
that is).  Unfortunately, after we viewed it, he decided that he needed the
tape for something else and erased it!  This was ~ 5 years ago.

On the topic of why Douglas Adams hasn't done (or allowed) any novelisations,
he told me (when I saw him at Oberlin College ~1 year ago) that he was not
particularly proud of his DW episodes, since they were often done on a
timeline, so he doesn't want to publish novelisations of them.  He is
apparently very happy to let Shada slip into the world of forgotten
episodes...

Stuart Freedman		Work: decvax!mcnc!rti-sel!dg_rtp!freedman
Voice: +1(617)870-9659	 or   rti-sel!dg_rtp!freedman@mcnc.CSNET
Home: c/o uri@media-lab.mit.edu (put my name in the Subject line)

--
Uri Feldman		uri@media-lab.mit.edu
MIT Media Laboratory  E15-321	(617)253-0326