[net.tv.drwho] Information NEEDED for Term Paper on DR. WHO!

greggt@ncoast.UUCP (Gregg Thompson) (02/01/86)

	I have been assigned a term paper on British Authors and have
decided that one possible route would be to write about Dr. Who. I need,
however, a very good thesis statement (three part thesis). Something that I
can back up. Considering the fact I have not read any of the books on Dr. Who
I would like to hear from those who have read them.
	I would like to know if each book keeps a main theme. Also I would
like to know if certain authors keep the same veiw point, or plot.
	I also would like a listing of favorite Dr. Who books, ones that
would keep the reader reading until he has finished the book.
	If *YOU* can help in any way please do so, I would greatly appreciate
the time and the effort and the information.
					Thank you,
					Gregg Thompson
P.S. I am not requesting a thesis statement just ideas that I could use and
support.
P.S.S. I am still looking for ANY information on the scarf of Tom Baker, so
that my grandmother can make one.

{ihnp4, seismo, decwrl, ucbvax, philabs}!decvax!cwruecmp!ncoast!greggt

barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards) (02/11/86)

In article <980@ncoast.UUCP> greggt@ncoast.UUCP (Gregg Thompson) writes:

>	I have been assigned a term paper on British Authors and have
>decided that one possible route would be to write about Dr. Who. I need,
>however, a very good thesis statement (three part thesis). Something that I
>can back up. Considering the fact I have not read any of the books on Dr. Who
>I would like to hear from those who have read them.
>	I would like to know if each book keeps a main theme. Also I would
>like to know if certain authors keep the same veiw point, or plot.
>	I also would like a listing of favorite Dr. Who books, ones that
>would keep the reader reading until he has finished the book.
>	If *YOU* can help in any way please do so, I would greatly appreciate
>the time and the effort and the information.
>					Thank you,
>					Gregg Thompson
>P.S. I am not requesting a thesis statement just ideas that I could use and
>support.
>P.S.S. I am still looking for ANY information on the scarf of Tom Baker, so
>that my grandmother can make one.

There is a "scholarly" book on Doctor Who called DOCTOR WHO: THE UNFOLDING
TEXT, available in trade size paperback. (I don't remember the publisher.)
It is readily available, and is about $8-$10.