[net.tv.drwho] Scarf Pattern

hider@pica.DEC (Paul Hider {o.o}) (10/27/84)

Dr. Who scarves.

I have had a request for the Dr. Who (Tom Baker) scarf patterns (I am told
there were actually two of them).  Could someone either post the pattern(s)
to the newsgroup or mail me separately.  Thanks in advance..

				...Paul.

   mmm     Paul Hider, DEC, Merrimack, NH, USA.
  {o.o}    {allegra|decvax|ihnp4|ucbvax}!decwrl!dec-rhea!dec-pica!hider
   \U/     hider%pica.DEC@decwrl.ARPA

tigress@lsrhs.UUCP (Suzanne Palmer) (02/09/86)

OFFICIAL BBC ENTERPRISES PATTERN FOR THE DOCTOR WHO SCARF (source: DWFCA)

REQUIREMENTS:
Size 4 knitting needles - american size #9 needles
25 - gram/ 11 ounce bals of double knitting wool as follows

3 purple
6 camel
3 bronze
3 mustard
4 rust
3 grey
4 greenish brown(olive)

cast on 60 stitches in plain knitting, awlays slip the first stitch, and
knit in the following order:

8 purple rows
52 camel
16 bronze
10 mustard
22 rust
8 purple
20 green
8 mustard
28 camel
14 rust
8 bronze
10 purple
42 green
8 mustard
16 grey
8 rust
54 camel
10 purple
12 green
8 mustard
18 rust
8 pruple
38 bronze
10 camel
8 grey
40 rust
14 mustard
20 green
8 purple
42 camel
12 bronze
20 grey
8 rust
12 purple
6 camel
14 mustard
54 green
16 ust
12 grey
8 mustard
20 bronze
10 purple
12 camel
32 grey
10 rust
16 mustard

CAST OFF

the tassels are made from 1' lengths of wool. With seven tassels on each
end and each tasel combining all seven colors

To crochet scarf:
Single crochet. Use "F" crochet hook, approximately 36 stitches 12"
Chain 12 inches across using scarf pattern color (purple)
Chain 2 more then turn and single crochet in the third chain
Single crochet one row, chain two, turn, sigle crochet
Crochet number of rows (after chain) as in scarf pattern

				--S. C. Palmer

ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (Scott) (02/11/86)

> OFFICIAL BBC ENTERPRISES PATTERN FOR THE DOCTOR WHO SCARF (source: DWFCA)
Wait a minute, How can there be a pattern?  In _Full_Circle_ the doctor
is wearing a scarf that is red and black.  There are other variants in
other shows as well.  I've noticed the length, and color change a bit now
and then.  So far I've come up with three different scarves.  Anybody see
more?

					Addison
					ihnp4!ihlpa!ibyf

My brother? I always thought of him as mom and dad's science project.

nyssa@abnji.UUCP (nyssa of traken) (02/12/86)

The official BBC scarf pattern refers to the first scarf seen on the show.

--
James C. Armstrong, Jnr.	{ihnp4,cbosgd,akgua}!abnji!nyssa

"But Doctor, we're on that island!"
"Oh my word!"			who said them, what story?

barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards) (02/12/86)

In article <1102@ihlpa.UUCP> ibyf@ihlpa.UUCP (Scott) writes:

>> OFFICIAL BBC ENTERPRISES PATTERN FOR THE DOCTOR WHO SCARF (source: DWFCA)
>Wait a minute, How can there be a pattern?  In _Full_Circle_ the doctor
>is wearing a scarf that is red and black.  There are other variants in
>other shows as well.  I've noticed the length, and color change a bit now
>and then.  So far I've come up with three different scarves.  Anybody see
>more?

I have seen four, but that includes a plaid one he wore, along with a
tam-o-shanter, in the early story about the Loch Ness Monster. (Where it
is a semi-mechanical device used by aliens to attack oil rigs.) Through
most of the story, Sarah Jane Smith wears the Doctor's usual hat and scarf.

percus@acf4.UUCP (Allon G. Percus) (02/13/86)

> > OFFICIAL BBC ENTERPRISES PATTERN FOR THE DOCTOR WHO SCARF (source: DWFCA)
> Wait a minute, How can there be a pattern?  In _Full_Circle_ the doctor
> is wearing a scarf that is red and black.  There are other variants in
> other shows as well.  I've noticed the length, and color change a bit now
> and then.  So far I've come up with three different scarves.  Anybody see
> more?

The scarf referred to is the generic multicolored one.  All other
multicolored scarves worn by Tom Baker's Doctor are trivial modifications
on this one.

During TB's last season, however, he did where a red-maroon scarf of
a completely different pattern, and of a longer length (24 feet as
opposed to 17 or so).  I have the pattern somewhere: if people
are interested, I'll dig it up.

           .
        -------
        |-----|             A. G. Percus
        |II II|      (ARPA) percus@acf4
        |II II|       (NYU) percus.acf4
        |II II|      (UUCP) ...{allegra!ihnp4!seismo}!cmcl2!acf4!percus
        |II II|
        -------