[net.tv.drwho] A mustitude of topics

tina@reed.UUCP (Katherina Todd) (02/20/86)

Hello, world!  Well, I, amazingly enough, just read this news group for the
second time in my life, and (ta-da) just learned how to post (on net.comics)
So I've got lots to say.  Here goes!
First, I think Peri said "Doctor, I'm scared" in Caves of Androzoni.
Second, I think the quote about the Doctor talking to himself was said by the
Brigader, but I don't know which episode.
Third, don't waste your time with Doctor Who:the Unfolding Text.  It is really
dumb.  They compare the Doctor to Jesus, for Christs sakes!  People who do
things like that can't seem to get it through their heads that Doctor Who is
meant for enjoyment, not incredibly deep philosophical analysis.  You are
best off with the novelsations, Doctor Who a Celebration, and Doctor Who the
Key to Time, and various magazines, such as Fantasy Empire, Doctor Who
Monthly, and the like.
Fourth, as was pointed out earlier, destroying Gallefrey would be an incredibly
convienent excuse to cancel Doctor Who.  Write the Beeb!!!
Fifth, has anyone else noticed that in "The Horns of Nimon", when Nimon kills
that cowardly, whining guard in the maze, the guard falls, and his pants rip
at the seam, and the camera holds on it for maybe 5 seconds.  We have it on
tape, so we've verified it.  Rather funny, actually.
Sixth, thanks all for the scarf pattern; now I just have to find someone who
can knit and will do it for me!
Seventh, I've met JNT at a creation con in NY, (that's where I'm from) and
he is somewhat of a jerk, and rather, shall we say, fruity, BUT, he has
managed to keep the show on.  We may not have liked what he's done to it,
but remember, it's still here. (sort of) Again, write the Beeb.
Anyone else dislike Adric and Peri as much as I do?  BLECH!!!!
I've seen all of one episode of The Tripods.  Could someone explain the concept
of this rather bizarre show?
Anyone out there like Jelly Babies?  I think the boxed ones sold at cons are
actually rather vile.  They are dry.  Fun to have, but expensive.  I got some
good ones as a gift from Carmel on the Sea, near San Francisco.  A whole lb.
of them!  Most of them, unfortunatly, were eaten by my roommate and her
friends.  Oh well.
We have a theory that the Doctor is a sporophyte.
My quiz for the day: which episode was John Cleese in, and what did he play?
Well, I have a paper to write, so, must dash.
1) "Sorry, must dash" Character: episode?
2) "Chap with the wings, five rounds rapid!" Character: episode?
3) "This is the end, but it has been prepared for."

ins_ajpo@jhunix.UUCP (Adric of Alzarius) (02/23/86)

> 1) "Sorry, must dash" Character: episode?
> 2) "Chap with the wings, five rounds rapid!" Character: episode?
> 3) "This is the end, but it has been prepared for."

1)  Said by Doctor 5 in "The Five Doctors"
2)  Said by The Brigadier in "The Daemons"
3)  Said by Doctor 4 in "Logopolis"
  (by the way, the quote is "It's the end, but the moment has been prepared
    for.")

"Remember, nothing in this world is real." -- James St.Clair
Joseph P. Ogulin
  UUCP:   seismo!umcp-cs \                       BITNET: INS_AJPO@JHUVMS
            ihnp4!whuxcc  > !jhunix!ins_ajpo             P99I1798@JHUVM
         allegra!hopkins /                       CSNET:  ins_ajpo@jhunix.CSNET
              ARPA:   ins_ajpo%jhunix.BITNET@wiscvm.WISC.EDU

ins_bjab@jhunix.UUCP (Jessica A Browner) (02/25/86)

> My quiz for the day: which episode was John Cleese in, and what did he play?

  "City of Death"  as  The Art Lover

							- Jessica     :-)

sag2@ur-tut.UUCP (Alazar) (02/26/86)

>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>1) "Sorry, must dash" Character: episode?
     The Doctor, Peter Davison to be exact, in The Five Doctors as he
      was being surrounded by cybermen.  He used the device given to
      the Master which activated the tramsmat beam back to Gallifrey
      and dashed away.
>3) "This is the end, but it has been prepared for."
     (Easy one) The Doctor, as played by Tom Baker, in Logopolis.  He had
      just fallen from a satellite transmitting station and was about to
      regenerate into Peter Davison.  At that time the mysterious figure
      in white approached and "merged" with Baker as he regenerated.

andre@nrcvax.UUCP (Andre Hut) (03/02/86)

In article <2557@reed.UUCP> tina@reed.UUCP (Katherina Todd) writes:
>My quiz for the day: which episode was John Cleese in, and what did he play?

That was the City of Death.  He was admiring the TARDIS (it was parked in
a museum) when the doctor rushed in and took off.  He just kept on making
comments, even after the TARDIS left!

                                ihnp4-\
                sdcsvax-\              \
Andre' Hut              sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!andre
                hplabs--/              /
                         ucbvax!calma-/

Network Research Corporation
923 Executive Park Dr. Suite C