[net.tv.drwho] to WTTW

mcb@ihlpm.UUCP (Baker) (03/03/86)

Rumor has it that WTTW is planning on skipping the
Peter Davison episodes and going directly (do not pass Galifray)
to the Colin Baker episodes.  This will occur after Logopolis
which is scheduled for Mar 9th.  I plan on calling WTTW
and complaining.  I realize everyone would like to see the
newer episodes but I would prefer to have the episodes shown
in chronological order (as it were).

Any comments??

Does anyone know what they plan on showing after the Colin Baker's?
Peter Davison or the Hartnells?

-- Mark
...!ihnp4!ihlpm!mcb

ags@pucc-h (Dave Seaman) (03/03/86)

In article <738@ihlpm.UUCP> mcb@ihlpm.UUCP (Baker) writes:
>Rumor has it that WTTW is planning on skipping the
>Peter Davison episodes and going directly (do not pass Galifray)
>to the Colin Baker episodes.  This will occur after Logopolis
>which is scheduled for Mar 9th.  I plan on calling WTTW
>and complaining.  I realize everyone would like to see the
>newer episodes but I would prefer to have the episodes shown
>in chronological order (as it were).
>
>Any comments??

Both "The Dial" and "Chicago" magazines confirm that WTTW will skip
to "The Twin Dilemma" on Mar. 16.  For the first time in recent memory
there apparently will be no special "Dr. Who week" with a show every night
during pledge time.

I have mixed feelings about the sequence.  Even though I have seen all the
Davison stories it would be nice to keep them in order.  I presume they
will go to Hartnell next and show everything chronologically, which would keep
Davison off WTTW for about 4 years, all told.  I was also curious about what
happened to "Caves of Androzani".  Has anyone seen it recently (since the
Colin Baker stories became available)?  Has it changed?
--
Dave Seaman	  					pur-ee!pucc-h!ags