[net.tv.drwho] Jelly Babies on the net

wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) (02/28/86)

Have I missed something?

I must have, as I havent yet seen the connection between jelly babies and
doctor who...

Please help!  Email or on here (if there are others in the dark) would
be fine!

sag2@ur-tut.UUCP (Alazar) (03/02/86)

In article <437@utastro.UUCP> wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) writes:
>Have I missed something?
>
>I must have, as I havent yet seen the connection between jelly babies and
>doctor who...

Your not serious, are you?

Watch a few more Tom Baker episodes, then you'll see.

percus@acf4.UUCP (Allon G. Percus) (03/03/86)

> >Have I missed something?
> >
> >I must have, as I havent yet seen the connection between jelly babies and
> >doctor who...
>
> Your not serious, are you?
>
> Watch a few more Tom Baker episodes, then you'll see.

Or Pat Troughton, for that matter.
           .
        -------
        |-----|             A. G. Percus
        |II II|      (ARPA) percus@acf4
        |II II|       (NYU) percus.acf4
        |II II|      (UUCP) ...{allegra!ihnp4!seismo}!cmcl2!acf4!percus
        |II II|
        -------

andre@nrcvax.UUCP (Andre Hut) (03/04/86)

In article <437@utastro.UUCP> wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) writes:
>Have I missed something?
>
>I must have, as I havent yet seen the connection between jelly babies and
>doctor who...

There are many things the Doctor carrys in his pockets, among them are
Jelly Babies.  The Tom Baker episodes are full of references to Jelly Babies.
There is even an episode where he uses them to distract a guard and steal
an air-vechicle (The name of the story escapes me).

                                ihnp4-\
                sdcsvax-\              \
Andre' Hut              sdcrdcf!psivax!nrcvax!andre
                hplabs--/              /
                         ucbvax!calma-/

Network Research Corporation
923 Executive Park Dr. Suite C
Salt Lake City, Utah 84117

barth@tellab1.UUCP (Barth Richards) (03/05/86)

In article <437@utastro.UUCP> wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) writes:

>Have I missed something?
>
>I must have, as I havent yet seen the connection between jelly babies and
>doctor who...
>
>Please help!  Email or on here (if there are others in the dark) would
>be fine!

Doctor #4 (Tom Baker) always had a bag in his pocket.

I also seem to remember #3 (Jon Pertwee) mentioning them somewhere, as well
as #5 (Peter Davison).

			     Barth Richards
			     Tellabs, Inc.
			     Lisle, IL

			     Romana: "Would you like a jelly baby?"
			     Doctor: "Where did you get those?!?"
			     Romana: "Same place you do, your pocket."

			     Doctor: "Would you like a jelly baby?"
			     Leela:  "So it is true! You do eat babies!"

wheel@utastro.UUCP (Craig Wheeler) (03/08/86)

Whew!  Ever since I posted that I have had a full mailbox of references to
Tom Baker, Leela, Patrick Troughton, and jelly babies.

I havent seen many Tom Bakers, as my interest in the show started during the
Davison shows, and the station here plans to go through ALL of Pertwee, and
not much of Baker (Tom) so that they can get to Colin Baker ASAP.

Thanks to everyone for the help!  But pleeeeease!  No more email!!!

:-)