[net.tv.drwho] "re: jelly babies invade the us"

188622462@excalibur.UUCP (Greene T Richard) (03/13/86)

In article <534@oliven.UUCP> barb@oliven.UUCP (Barbara Jernigan) writes:

>>       We have no jellie babies imported into the US because the red
>
>Well >shudder the thought!< we US'ans could always substitute Jelly
>Bears, which are certainly "baby" shaped and addictive to boot.
>(But get the Swiss imports -- anything less isn't worth it.)

I beg to differ, but as convention goers know, we can get jelly babies
here in the US now.  They run from $1.50 to $3.00 a box, depending on the
dealer and/or how many boxes you buy.  They are all under a freshness seal,
with a "Not to be sold after:" date on the box (I think I saw that, anyway).
I particularly enjoy the red ones, the orange ones, and the yellow ones.  I
do NOT like the black or purple ones, however.  So, find your nearest
convention, and buy out a few dealers' stocks.

Also, the first time that Tom Baker's Doctor brought out jelly babies was
during his first show, "Robot".  I don't know if he pulled them out before
the ending, but I think that in spite of a somewhat blah script, it was
a classic for Tom Baker, and set then scene for his character.

Any other times the Sonic Screwdriver failed?  I know there are more, I just
don't know the story titles.

Rick Greene
      ...!ihnp4!psuvax1!vu-vlsi!excalibur!188622462

Reply to postings! Send mail! I want to get to know all the major people here!