[net.astro.expert] FFT in 3D

flinn@seismo.UUCP (E. A. Flinn) (10/31/84)

There are lots of fft subroutines in geophysics, including some
three-dimensional ones, mainly written as afterthoughts, since two
dimensions are all we ever use.  Look in the IEEE Transactions on
electro and audioacoustics in the late 1960's for references, or as a
last resort Enders Robinson's book on multichannel time series
analysis (most of the programs in which were pirated without credit
from other people, including me).  I think Doug McCowan's and my
FT3DCOOL calls an innermost one-dimensional routine that assumes real
data, but can't be sure.  The person who knows most about this subject
is Norm Brenner at MIT, or Dick Singleton at SRI.

-- Ted Flinn

(I tried to mail this to you, but it came bouncing back)