[net.lang.f77] Ratfor

melanie@cornell.UUCP (06/13/85)

From: melanie (Melanie Nesheim)

Our Ratfor is not written in Fortran; it is written in C,
contrary to an earlier posting from someone who said it's
written in Fortran.  I changed it to handle continuation
lines more to my liking.

				--Melanie Nesheim

guy@sun.uucp (Guy Harris) (06/16/85)

> Our Ratfor is not written in Fortran; it is written in C,
> contrary to an earlier posting from someone who said it's
> written in Fortran.

The Ratfor preprocessor that comes with UNIX is written in C.  There is also
a Ratfor preprocessor written in Ratfor in Chapter 9 of *Software Tools* by
Kernighan and Plauger.  The book says that "All of the programs described in
this book are available in machine-readable from from Addison-Wesley."  I
believe that the Software Tools User's Group, or whoever distributes the
Software Tools software kit, has a Ratfor preprocessor in Ratfor or in
post-processed Ratfor (i.e., Fortran).

	Guy Harris