From: tommyo@ihuxw.UUCP (Tom O`Connor)
Newsgroups: net.sport.hoops
Subject: And 1 more makes 15!
Date: Wed, 13-Jun-84 06:25:20 PDT

Well, you Laker fans who predicted wins in 5 or 6 games - eat crow.
Tradition continues on, and Red was able to light up the
championship cigar once more.  I was just waiting for the
Celtic spurt in the game.  I felt it coming.  And it did.
Maxwell just played great, the offensive boards belonged
to Boston all night.  The best team won.  Say no more!

		When all is said and done
		And you hear the final gun
		The team that has won
		Is clearly number 1
		THE BOSTON CELTICS

Tom O`Connor

I agree totally wiith Tom.  The Boston Celtics showed that they
wanted the series more than the Lakers did.  They outhustled them
going after loose balls, and in the end broke the Lakers spirit,
taking the fast break completely away from them.

I knew all along that the Celtics would win, if they improved
the shooting from the guards and moved the ball around a few
times before they shot.  By doing this, the big men could get
set up for the rebounds and naturally get some support by having
the guards take up some of the scoring slack.  This also kept
the Lakers from just grabbing the rebound from a quick shot
and take off running, ultimately putting an end to the fast
break.

And what about the Celtics fast breaks?  IN YOUR FACE