[net.sport.hoops] Toughest Regional Bracket in the NCAA Tourney?

kovalsky@spp2.UUCP (Bruce Kovalsky) (03/21/85)

Byron Howes writes:
> I don't blame Jeff Offut for talking up Georgia Tech.  They've done
> well and will probably do better.  It's a shame that as a reward for
> winning the ACC tournament they got the dubious honor of going into
> what is clearly the toughest regional bracket.  They'd be certain
> final four otherwise.

I disagree that the East Regional is the toughest regional bracket. Of
course they have Georgetown, the probable tournament winner, and Ga. Tech,
but only 2 'Top 10' teams does not a strong bracket make.

My vote would be for the Midwest Regional, with 4 Top 10 teams (in my
opinion, at the start of the tournament): Oklahoma, Memphis St., La. Tech
and Duke. BC and Alabama-Birm. are no slouches either. Whichever team wins
this bracket will almost surely beat the Southeast Regional winner, but
will have a tough time against everyone's favorite, Georgetown.

Any conflicting opinions?
-----
Bruce Kovalsky
..!trwrb!trwspp!spp2!kovalsky

"How do you make a small fortune in the stock market?"
"Start with a large fortune."