[net.sport.hoops] Yet even more ramblings...

michaelf@ISM780.UUCP (04/30/85)

          Now that Maxwell is back for the Celtics, they are
     returning true to form with a first game blowout of the
     smaller Pistons. The Celtic front line is, for want of a
     better, less-trendy word, awesome.  They'll get any team in
     trouble with their constant posting and crashing.  Parish,
     McHale, Bird and Maxwell along the front is just too much
     for ANY team to handle. Bird is too much for anyone. He's
     getting kind of, well not kind of, extremely cocky. I like
     that competitiveness.  Even though he blew my prediction
     about winning the Scorer's avg., he still finished second,
     only a couple of hoops behind Bernard.  Elbow schmelbow. I'd
     pick him first anyday.

           All season long, knowledgeable hoopsters were talking
     about Boston and the Lakers going all the way, with a
     possibility of Milwaukee winning it all. I'm sure the
     snubbing chatter pissed off the 76ers.  They are playing
     with intensity again. Look for the to kick the hell out of
     the overrated Bucks and give Boston a tough time.

	   It seemed to me that the Bulls were robbed in their
     series with the Bucks. They got no calls at all. I haven't seen
     such one-sided refereeing in a long time. I didn't care who won
     and I still noticed the refs. That's when it's bad. Jawaan Oldham
     introduced himself to stardom with some of the most inpsired Defense
     I've seen in a long time. He is absolutely tough. No O though.
     Jawann "No O" Oldham. Shades of Ernie "No D" DeGregorio. Orlando
     Woolridge is a selfish ball hog. The Bulls are still not a smart team.
     They're too young.

            Akeem threw a nice soft punch at the Golem's ( Billy
     Paultz ) face on Sunday.  If he could only hit his free
     throws that well. The Whopper came through.  When he plays
     with Rich Kelley, they should get an award for the tandem
     least likely to look like ballplayers. Maybe Kurt Rambis
     and Phil Jackson of yesteryear could sub-in for them.

            The Lakers can't play defense as well as the Eastern
     teams.  They might play it as well on occasion, but since
     they don't box out well, they give up too many second shots.
     It will be illustrated later when they play someone decent.

	    See you in Boston.

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (05/07/85)

In article <33500012@ISM780.UUCP> michaelf@ISM780.UUCP writes:

>  ...smaller Pistons. The Celtic front line is, for want of a
>     better, less-trendy word, awesome.  They'll get any team in...

Oh, please.  Everyone knows that Boston is a bunch of weenies.  They'll
be lucky if they make it to Philly.

						-- Scott

rick@ucla-cs.UUCP (05/07/85)

In article <5234@ucla-cs.ARPA> srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (Scott Turner) writes:
>Oh, please.  Everyone knows that Boston is a bunch of weenies.  They'll
>be lucky if they make it to Philly.

There you go again Scott. That's *whitees* not weenies :-).
--

			       Rick Gillespie
				  rick@ucla-cs

	"She turned me into a newt! . . . I got better."