[net.sport.hoops] game one NBA finals

rainbow@ihuxe.UUCP (Rob Buchner) (05/28/85)

I don't have any particular biases in the NBA finals,
but after the first game, LA doesn't have a prayer.
I thought it would be a close series. LA probably
winning on better motivation(for last year). But Boston
was awesome. This game must be a severe blow to LA moral.
They'll never recover. They needed to give a good showing of
thenselves just to remove doubts.

srt@ucla-cs.UUCP (06/03/85)

In article <1154@ihuxe.UUCP> rainbow@ihuxe.UUCP (Rob Buchner) writes:

>I don't have any particular biases in the NBA finals,
>but after the first game, LA doesn't have a prayer.

That's the problem with shooting your mouth off on the net.  By the time
anyone reads your message, Games 2 & 3 have been played, and you end up
looking ... foolish.  I'm sure you aren't alone, but the Boston messages
from the first game haven't gotten here yet.

Won't stop me from commenting anyway.

The first game was fairly boring, thanks to the early Celtic lead.  The Celts
were gods out there; any team that can shoot that well deserves to win.

The second and third games have been much better, especially for Laker fans.
The interesting thing about the second game was the bias of the refs, who
damn near managed to ref the Celts back into the game.  The ratio of foul
calls was 35/20 against the Lakers.  To give you some idea of the magnitude
of the bias, Kareen didn't go to the line till the third game.  And he doesn't
get fouled every time he touches the ball in the low post?  What is worse,
in the Garden, Boston's guards are allowed to foul the  man with the ball
all the way up the court, which essentially removes all chance of a fast
break style of game.  Advantageous to the Celts, I know, but it still
aggravates me.  The interesting thing about the third game was Kareem on
speed.  He played so great; I wept like a baby.  Talk about how good the
Chief has been in the playoffs, I agree.  But Kareem...well, he's still a
master.

    Scott R. Turner
    ARPA:  (now) srt@UCLA-LOCUS.ARPA  (soon) srt@LOCUS.UCLA.EDU
    UUCP:  ...!{cepu,ihnp4,trwspp,ucbvax}!ucla-cs!srt
    SPUDNET: ...eye%srt@russet.spud

PS:  The Celtics, of course, are weenies.