[net.sport.hoops] lakers 85-86 edition

pfs@lambda.UUCP (Paul Spraggs) (09/20/85)

I'm a big Laker fan. The addition of Lucas and A. C. Green will
make this team better than last season.
I hear rumors that they may be after Frank Johnson of
the Bullets to back up Magic.
Does anyone have news on Earl Jones?
By the way, look out for the Cavs next season.

lor@ucla-cs.UUCP (10/05/85)

In article <85@lambda.UUCP> pfs@lambda.UUCP (Paul Spraggs) writes:
>I'm a big Laker fan. The addition of Lucas and A. C. Green will
>make this team better than last season.
>I hear rumors that they may be after Frank Johnson of
>the Bullets to back up Magic.
	Never heard of it, must be just a rumor.

>Does anyone have news on Earl Jones?
	Earl will be with the team for 1985-86. Let's hope
he will be healthy enough to contribute.

	By the way, it was reported that Kareem would play
for one or two more years after the coming season. Certainly
good news for Laker fans and bad news for the green monsters.

--
					Eddy Lor
					...!(ihnp4,ucbvax)!ucla-cs!lor

jlp@inmet.UUCP (10/14/85)

{}
SOrry to disappoint, but Earl Jones, #1 pick of the Lakers in 84, was traded
last week to the San Antonio Spurs for "future considerations."

The Organ Keyboard of
Jerryl Payne
{ihnp4,esquire,harpo}!inmet!jlp

plw@panda.UUCP (Pete Williamson) (10/16/85)

>	By the way, it was reported that Kareem would play
>for one or two more years after the coming season. Certainly
>good news for Laker fans and bad news for the green monsters.

Quite frankly, beating the Lakers without Kareem loses a lot
in the satisfaction department.

I hope Kareem plays forever. He's a truly amazing competitor.
When he retires, the NBA will be much the poorer. We're
spoiled. We'll never see anyone like him again. So enjoy.

--
						Pete Williamson
"By hook or by crook, we will !!" ... #2