                              Center

                    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, LAKERS

                             Forwards

                      James Worthy, LAKERS
                     Ralph Sampson, Houston

                              Guards

                      Magic Johnson, LAKERS
                     Rolando Blackman, Dallas

 These are my ALL-STAR picks. No attempt has been made to "build" a team
 from the east/west to beat the other or pick players who would complement
 each other on the same team. Naturally this is based on '84/'85. By the
 way I'm predisposed to root for the LAKERS.

   ken fortenberry

mk@linus.UUCP (Mike Kaplan) (11/18/85)

In article <31600001@uiucuxc> kenf@uiucuxc.CSO.UIUC.EDU writes:

>                               EAST
>
>                              Center
>
>                      Moses Malone, Philadelphia
>
>                             Forwards
>
>                       Larry Bird, Boston
>                     Julius Erving, Philadelphia
>
>                              Guards
>
>                       Michael Jordan, Chicago
>                        Isaih Thomas, Detroit
>

>                               WEST
>
>                              Center
>
>                    Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, LAKERS
>
>                             Forwards
>
>                      James Worthy, LAKERS
>                     Ralph Sampson, Houston
>
>                              Guards
>
>                      Magic Johnson, LAKERS
>                     Rolando Blackman, Dallas
>

> These are my ALL-STAR picks. No attempt has been made to "build" a team
> from the east/west to beat the other or pick players who would complement
> each other on the same team. Naturally this is based on '84/'85. By the
> way I'm predisposed to root for the LAKERS.
>
>   ken fortenberry

How long will people continue to vote for Dr J. for the All-Star team?
I agree that he WAS one of the most exciting players ever in the NBA,
but those days are history.  Sure, he still has flashes of his former
self.  But there are many other player in the east more deserving of
all-star honors.  Just to name a couple:  Kevin McHale and Terry
Cummings.  Dr J should retire this year, before he starts to embarrass
himself and his team.

Mike Kaplan
Mitre Corp., Bedford, MA