[net.sport.hoops] Denver, a fine team.

wed@drutx.UUCP (DeibertWE) (02/13/86)

>     Denver is a fine team, with as good a pair of forwards as there are in the
>league, but they lack the depth to hang with the Lakers.  Houston also has this
>problem.

Yeah, Denver couldn't hang in there for a clean sweep this year.  They had
to settle for 3 of 4 over the Lakers.  It *may* have even been different
last year had English not broken his hand.  Kareem had all he could handle
in the playoff series with Denver last year.  Doubters can look at the
films.

William D.

afb@pucc-i (Michael Lewis) (02/14/86)

In article <567@drutx.UUCP>, wed@drutx.UUCP (DeibertWE) writes:

> Yeah, Denver couldn't hang in there for a clean sweep this year.  They had
> to settle for 3 of 4 over the Lakers.  It *may* have even been different
> last year had English not broken his hand.  Kareem had all he could handle
> in the playoff series with Denver last year.  Doubters can look at the
> films.
>
> William D.

    And, to help you shoot holes in my own argument, let's not forget Calvin
Natt's hobbled condition in the playoffs.  I meant it when I said that Denver
has an excellent team; I'd rather watch Alex English's graceful moves than
a bunch of Eastern Conference Goroks push and shove and grunt and groan all
night...some say they like that kind of basketball, but I'm a purist.  Maybe
I'm just pissed that the Pacers traded Alex English to Denver for George
McGinnis (among others)...the fact remains, I like Denver as a team, I just
think that, come playoff time, the Lakers will prevail.

    Whoever comes out of the West, though, I hope they kick some serious
Celtic Ass.

    Better yet, I hope Milwaukee can come out of the East, as unlikely as
that sounds.

    Go Western Conference!