[net.sport.hoops] Quote of the Weekend

sdd@pyuxh.UUCP (S Daniels) (02/11/86)

Quote of the Weekend goes to Memphis State coach Dana Kirk,
who said Saturday, "Playing without William Bedford is like
'Leave It to Beaver' without Wally."

That was just before UNLV defeated MSU 67-66, in the Las Vegas.
Memphis State center William Bedford was sitting out the first
of a 2-game suspension for NCAA rules violations.

Monday night, MSU defeated Florida State 99-73 without Bedford.
--
Steve Daniels (!pyuxh!sdd) "I'm counting the smiles on the road to Utopia."

greg@unlv.UUCP (Greg Wohletz) (02/17/86)

In article <242@pyuxh.UUCP> sdd@pyuxh.UUCP (S Daniels) writes:
>Quote of the Weekend goes to Memphis State coach Dana Kirk,
>who said Saturday, "Playing without William Bedford is like
>'Leave It to Beaver' without Wally."

>That was just before UNLV defeated MSU 67-66, in the Las Vegas.
>Memphis State center William Bedford was sitting out the first
>of a 2-game suspension for NCAA rules violations.

...I only wish he could have played we would have won anyway...
						--Greg
						seismo!unrvax!unlv!greg