[net.sport.hoops] NCAA contest picks

fredrickson@celica.DEC (03/13/86)

Newsgroups: net.sport.hoops
Subject: NCAA 3rd annual tourney contest

Once again, fill in all the brackets with your predictions and send me the
results before the first round games in order to enter the contest.
First round picks are worth one point, second round picks are worth two
points, etc. Picking the NCAA champ correctly in the sixth round is worth
six points. I will post score updates periodically throughout the tournament.

Ala-Birm--|
          |  UAB     |
Missouri--|          |
                     |  UNC ----|
UNC	--|          |          |
          |  UNC     |          |
Utah	--|                     |
                      OGDEN     |Louisville
Bradley	--|                     |          |
          |  Bradley |          |          |
Tex-ElPaso|          |          |          |
                     |Louisville|          |
Louisville|          |                     |
          |Louisville|                     |
Drexel	--|                                |
                      WEST       Houston   |St. John's|
St Johns--|                                |          |
          |St. John's|                     |          |
Montana St|          |                     |          |
                     |St. John's|          |          |
Auburn	--|          |          |          |          |
          |Auburn    |          |          |          |
Arizona	--|                     |          |          |
                      Long Beach|St. John's|          |
Maryland--|                     |                     |
          | Maryland |          |                     |
Pepperdine|          |          |                     |
                     | UNLV ----|                     |
UNLV	--|          |                                |
          | UNLV  ---|                                |
NELousiana|                                           |
                                                      | Ga. Tech-|
Purdue	--|                                           |          |
          | LSU------|                                |          |
LSU	--|          |                                |          |
                     |Memphis---|                     |          |
MemphisST-|          |          |                     |          |
          |Memphis---|          |                     |          |
Ball St	--|                     |                     |          |
                     Baton Rouge|  Tech----|          |          |
VirgTech--|                     |          |          |          |
          |Villanova-|          |          |          |          |
Villanova-|          |          |          |          |          |
                     | Tech-----|          |          |          |
GeorgiaTch|          |                     |          |          |
          | Tech-----|                     |          |          |
Marist	--|                                |          |          |
                      SOUTHEAST  Atlanta   | Tech-----|          |
Kentucky--|                                |                     |
          | Kentucky |                     |                     |
Davidson--|          |                     |                     |
                     | Kentucky-|          |                     |
WKentucky-|          |          |          |                     |
          | W.Ky. ---|          |          |                     |
Nebraska--|                     |          |                     |
                      Charlotte | Kentucky-|                     |
Alabama	--|                     |                                |
          | Alabama--|          |                                |
XavierOhio|          |          |                                |
                     | Illinois-|                                |
Illinois--|          |                                           |
          | Illinois-|                                           |
Fairfield-|                                                      |
                                                       Dallas    | GA. TECH
Kansas	--|                                                      |
          | Kansas---|                                           |
NC ATT	--|          |                                           |
                     | Kansas---|                                |
Jacksonvll|          |          |                                |
          | Temple---|          |                                |
Temple	--|                     |                                |
                      Dayton    | Kansas---|                     |
MichiganSt|                     |          |                     |
          | MSU -----|          |          |                     |
Washington|          |          |          |                     |
                     | MSU------|          |                     |
Georgetown|          |                     |                     |
          | G'town --|                     |                     |
Texas Tech|                                |                     |
                      MIDWEST    KansasCity|  ND  ----|          |
NC State--|                                |          |          |
          | NC State-|                     |          |          |
Iowa	--|          |                     |          |          |
                     | ND-------|          |          |          |
Notre Dame|          |          |          |          |          |
          |  ND -----|          |          |          |          |
ArkansasLR|                     |          |          |          |
                     Minneapolis|   ND-----|          |          |
Iowa St	--|                     |                     |          |
          | Iowa St.-|          |                     |          |
Miami Ohio|          |          |                     |          |
                     | Michigan-|                     |          |
Michigan--|          |                                |          |
          | Michigan-|                                |          |
Akron	--|                                           |          |
                                                      |Notre Dame|
Duke	--|                                           |
          | Duke-----|                                |
MissValSt-|          |                                |
                     | Duke-----|                     |
O Dominion|          |          |                     |
          | OD  -----|          |                     |
W Virginia|                     |                     |
                      Greensboro| Duke-----|          |
Virginia--|                     |          |          |
          | Virginia-|          |          |          |
De Paul --|          |          |          |          |
                     | NU-------|          |          |
Oklahoma--|          |                     |          |
          |  NU -----|                     |          |
NorEastern|                                |          |
                      EAST      Meadowlands| Duke ----|
StJoseph--|                                |
          | St. Joe -|                     |
Richmond--|          |                     |
                     | Indiana--|          |
Indiana --|          |          |          |
          | Indiana -|          |          |
Cleveland-|                     |          |
                      Syracuse  | Indiana--|
Navy	--|                     |
          | Navy-----|          |
Tulsa	--|          |          |
                     | Syracuse |
Syracuse--|          |
          | Syracuse |
Brown	--|

The preceding picks were submitted Thursday morning, March 13.

Mark Fredrickson

smithrd@gc49.UUCP (Randy D. Smith) (03/14/86)

In article <1654@decwrl.DEC.COM> fredrickson@celica.DEC writes:
<142 lines of text deleted>
>The preceding picks were submitted Thursday morning, March 13.
>
>Mark Fredrickson

However, from the article, we also note:
	>Date: 13 Mar 86 17:31:20 GMT
	>Sender: daemon@decwrl.DEC.COM

I can only assume:
	(1) you're pulling our leg
	(2) you're desparate
	(3) "submitted" should have been followed by "to the keypunch
		group"
or
	(4) you're using some home(DEC)-brewed interface to posting
		news (as evidenced by the daemon sender and your
		machine name being different from the posting machine)

I'd guess #4  (I believe in the goodness of mankind), but you can
understand my reluctance to take such a posting seriously.

But then again, I could be wrong (remember the NIT....)
--
				Randy D. Smith	(919) 279-5312
			AT&T Technologies, Guilford Center, NC