[net.sport.hoops] Georgia Tech chokes again...

dfjmccarthy@watmath.UUCP (Ian Marten) (03/24/86)

Well , Georgia Tech choked again!  For the umpteenth time this year
"Cremins Cretins" have blown it. Over rated and overmatched, they
were no match for the LSU Tigers.  Before the tournament even began
the concensus was that Tech would choke before the final eight. I
was surprised that they even got that far. But now for the rest of
the tournament.
     I fully expect Kansas and Duke to join LSU and Louisville in
the Final Four.  Even though LSU is riding an emotional high, count
on the Cardinals to win.  In the other semi-final, which should be
the best game of the tournament, look for Kansas to win in at least one
overtime period, with a Danny Manning fade-away twine teaser to clinch the
game.
     In the final, Denny Crum's surprise team will have it's hands full
with Kansas, and I fully expect the Jayhawks to emerge with the National
Championhip.
     With the conclusion of the season we can all look forward to next
year. Teams to watch in the '86-'87 season are Kansas, Louisville, Kentucky,
N.C.State, Pepperdine, Illinois and my personal underdog,the University of
Waterloo Warriors, who hail from the town where Naismith invented the game.

                                    Ian Marten
                                    U. of Waterloo
                                    Waterloo, Ontario

wjjordan@watdragon.UUCP (W. Jim Jordan) (03/24/86)

<>

In article <1783@watmath.UUCP> dfjmccarthy@watmath.UUCP (Ian Marten) writes:
>      Teams to watch in the '86-'87 season are Kansas, Louisville, Kentucky,
>N.C.State, Pepperdine, Illinois and my personal underdog,the University of
>Waterloo Warriors, who hail from the town where Naismith invented the game.

I'm not trying to nit-pick, but Dr. Naismith, even though he was a Canadian,
invented this wonderful sport in Boston (I think).  The *tournament* bearing
his name is played every November at Waterloo.

Regarding the Warriors, the only Division I team we've beaten in exhibition
this season is American U.  I hardly think that qualifies us for the NCAA
final 64, though it would be nice...  It is hard waiting for the CIAU final
four when your only real opposition until then is Western :-)

							jim

--
DEFINITION:  Honeywell DPS8/49: The world's most expensive print spooler.

			W. Jim Jordan
CANADA POST (3 weeks):	c/o Conrad Grebel College, Waterloo, Ont., N2L 3G6
USENET (overnight): 	...!watmath!watdragon!wjjordan