[fa.laser-lovers] id AA08294; 29 Feb 84 08:15:23 CST

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (laser-lovers) (03/01/84)

From ihnp4!alberta!auvax!dave Wed Feb 29 13:25:10 1984
To: alberta!ihnp4!houxm!mhuxl!ulysses!burl!clyde!floyd!vax135!cornell!uw-beaver!laser-lovers
Subject: Re: landscape mode on an IMAGEN ?
ReSent-date: Wed 29 Feb 84 13:22:29-PST
ReSent-from: Richard Furuta <Furuta@WASHINGTON.ARPA>
ReSent-to: "Laser Lovers": ;

I had sent out an identical request about two months ago.  I received one
decent reply, from a person who does not want his name/address made generally
available.  You need ditroff (device independent troff) of course, because
you can't go beyond about 7 inches width with regular troff.  A guy named
Slattengren who USED to work at Berkeley modified the ditroff stuff to work
with the IMAGEN provided fonts, and this other person did the work required
to rotate each glyph and the whole document.  I just got the stuff last
Friday (today's Sunday) and installed it all on Friday.  It works for ordinary
stuff, but the one case I tried in landscape didn't work so I'll have to
look to see what I did wrong.  I had thought all I would have to do is
have a width > 7.5i, but that did not work. Ditroff recognized the proper
width, but the output filter seems to have missed the boat somewhere.

I will contact the "mysterious person" and ask his permission to forward
everything he sent us.  To do so, I'll need to see a copy of your ditroff
licence, and would like a mag tape and instructions.  If the other person
contacts you directly, you can ignore all this.  Addresses:
	David Hrenewich
	Athabasca University
	12352 149 Street
	EDMONTON, Alberta