[fa.laser-lovers] Wanted: alternate sources for Canon LBP-CX cartridges

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (12/18/84)

From: udenva!hao!pag@lbl-csam.arpa (Peter Gross)

We have a couple of Imagen 8/300 laser printers and have been
going through close to 5000 pages per week per machine.  Currently
our only soure of replacement toner/drum cartridges for the LBP-CX
engine is through the local Imagen distributor at 100 bucks a crack.
Since the LBP-CX is being used in lots of products, we figure
that good old marketplace dynamics should turn up a source for
the cartridges at a much better price, especially in quantity.
So anyone with information of good sources for LBP-CX cartridges,
please speak up!

--peter gross
hao!pag@SEISMO.ARPA	ARPA
hao!pag			UUCP

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (12/21/84)

From: Robert Morris <udenva!lbl-csam!ram%vax2.uucp%umass-boston.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>

At 5000 pages per week you are gonna have bigger problems than
spending money on cartridges. My impression is that the CX is
designed for a duty cycle of about 3000 copies per MONTH with about
100,000 copies expected life. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but
in any case the CX is not a high throughput machine.

Rumors abound of Imagen and others introducing higher duty cycle machines
in the very near future. Meanwhile, the best that can be said for beating up
on a CX is that you will need to replace it about when new machines
become available....
--bob morris

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (12/24/84)

From: cornell!vax135!houxm!houxq!ahuta!pegasus!lzmi!psc@uw-beaver.arpa

>From: Robert Morris <udenva!lbl-csam!ram%vax2.uucp%umass-boston.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>
>
>At 5000 pages per week you are gonna have bigger problems than
>spending money on cartridges. My impression is that the CX is
>designed for a duty cycle of about 3000 copies per MONTH with about
>100,000 copies expected life. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but
>in any case the CX is not a high throughput machine.

Yep, that's what the specs say:  duty cycle of 100 pages per *day* (or
12.5 minutes per day!)

>From where I stand, the *only* good thing about the HP LaserJet is that if
you need more than one to cover your needs, you can generally *afford*
more than one!
----
	-Paul S. R. Chisholm
	...!hogpd!pegasus!lzmi!psc         The above opinions are my own,
	...!cbosg!lzmi!psc                 and do not necessarily represent
	...!ucbvax!ihnp4!lznv!psc          those of anyone else.