[fa.laser-lovers] Scott Simpson's QMS DVI driver is now available

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (02/14/85)

From: Richard Furuta <Furuta@WASHINGTON.ARPA>

Scott Simpson's QMS driver, mentioned in the below note, is now
available for FTP from Washington in file <tex.xfer>qmstex.tar.  If
you ftp this to a Unix machine, you will need to use "type l 8" or
"tenex" mode since this is a tar image file stored on a Tops-20 host.
If you do try it out, please drop me a note saying how it went---we
don't have a QMS here and I'd like to get some idea of how things will
be once the driver goes into the Unix TeX distribution.

Thanks to Scott for sending it along so quickly.

					--Rick

                            -------------

From: tektronix!hplabs!sdcrdcf!trwrb!trwrba!ssimpson@uw-beaver.arpa
To: trwrb!sdcrdcf!hplabs!tektronix!uw-beaver!laser-lovers
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 85 16:12:51 pst
Subject: TeX driver for QMS
ReSent-Date: Tue 12 Feb 85 02:59:15-PST
ReSent-From: Richard Furuta <Furuta@WASHINGTON.ARPA>
ReSent-To: "Laser Lovers": ;

	I have recently completed a TeX driver for QMS Lasergrafix printers
and I am willing to distribute it FREE to anybody interested. It runs under
4.1 and 4.2 and allows overlays. It prints in portrait and landscape mode and
it uses the same state table as qcat(8) from Mt. Xinu so they are compatible.
I will not post it to the net but if you are interested contact me. If you
would just like the manual pages to look at I could send that too. The driver
is about 2500 lines.
		Scott Simpson
		TRW Electronics and Defense Sector
		...{decvax,randvax,ucbvax,ucivax}!trwrb!{simpson,ssimpson}

[[ Rick - if you would like this for the TeX distribution tape let me know ]]

[[Editor's note---Yes indeed, I do want it for the distribution.
Also, to keep from straining Usenet, those of you on Arpanet sites might
wait until I can get it onto an Arpanet host for ftp.  I'll announce
it here.			--Rick]]
-------