[fa.laser-lovers] QMS 1200a

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (01/26/85)

From: Richard Furuta <Furuta@washington.arpa>

I've received second-hand information with a small correction to my
previous note about QMS printers.  This information is that the 1200A
(the QMS 1200 with the Adobe interface) is now in beta test at half a
dozen sites and that it will actually ship in a month or so.  The
price is supposed to be 20% over that of a 1200.  Apparently QMS also
plans to do versions for their 2400 and the 800 also (it'll be real
interesting to see how they price the 800A).

I haven't talked to QMS directly but I imagine I'll try to call them
on Monday.  I understand they are quite willing to talk to people
about these products.

				--Rick
-------

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (06/05/85)

From: Ira Winston <Ira%upenn.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>

I called QMS today to find out about the 1200a, their Postscript laser
printer.  I was told that they are withdrawing the 1200a from the market
because they can't make it work.  I was also told that they will have a
new postscript printer in 1986.

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (06/06/85)

From: Steve Holmes <sjh@Purdue.arpa>

>>From: Ira Winston <Ira%upenn.csnet@csnet-relay.arpa>
>>Subject: QMS 1200a
>>To: laser-lovers@washington.ARPA
>>
>>I called QMS today to find out about the 1200a, their Postscript laser
>>printer.  I was told that they are withdrawing the 1200a from the market
>>because they can't make it work.  I was also told that they will have a
>>new postscript printer in 1986.

I have just heard from the distributor which sold us our QMS 1200A and
they have contacted QMS about this very thing.  Our information is that
there is no truth to your allegation.  I would very much like the name
of the person at QMS who gave you that information.

Thanks.
	Steve Holmes
	Manager of Research Facilities
	sjh@purdue