[fa.laser-lovers] QMS Adobe printers are still being offered

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (06/11/85)

From: Richard Furuta <Furuta@WASHINGTON.ARPA>

The latest word is that QMS still plans Adobe products (and I'm glad
to see that some of QMS is now on the net).

					--Rick
                ---------------

Date: 11 Jun 1985 10:34-EDT
Sender: VROYSTER@BBNA.ARPA
Subject: PostScript

Richard
Contrary to rumors based on information obtained from a clerk at
QMS,the Adobe offerings from QMS have not been withdrawn from the
market.  Shipments have been held however in order to meet higher
quality performance standards established by QMS .  Current
QMS/PostScript compatible units installed at several colleges
universities and research labs are performing excellently. Those
customers are satisfied with these units,but QMS has realized a more
reliable ,efficient,and effective device (board design) to complement
the Adobe PostScript capability . Shipsments in large quantities are
held until this device is complete and Beta tested by our current
installed base.  If you would pass this information along to any
interested parties, I would be most appreciative .  Sorry for any
typo's .You may edit as you wish.
                                                 Warmest regards
                                                Verne Royster
                                              OEM Mgr./QMS