[fa.laser-lovers] 2700 font format

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (07/02/85)

From: William LeFebvre <phil@rice.arpa>

Lars Poulsen:
> I believe that the Xerox-2700, the DEC-LN01(S) and the QMS-1200
> all use the same font file format.

We have determined (on this list) in the past that they do NOT have the
same format.  The LN01(S) and the QMS-1200 might have the same format (I
don't remember that part too well), but the 2700-II format is
definitely different.  It's also proprietary.  No one is supposed to
know it (emphasis on supposed) except Xerox and those people that Xerox
tells.

Although all three printers use the same engine (the XP-12, or Raven),
the processors and the firmware are different.  Consequently, the
commands and the font formats are different.

Sorry I can't help you with your original query, but I can tell you
that I would be very surprised if you got software for a QMS-1200 and
have it work on your 2700.

			William LeFebvre
			Department of Computer Science
			Rice University