[fa.laser-lovers] Diablo-630 Emulation on LaserWriter

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (08/02/85)

From: "Roger C. King" <RCKing@MIT-MULTICS.arpa>

I just received a LaserWriter, but do not have as yet all the software
necessary to use TeX. In the interim, I want to change internal
parameters for the Diablo Emulation mode to pick different, larger,
fonts for use in making viewgraphs with a word processor that does not
understand proportional spaced characters. From the Adobe appendix
dealing with the LaserWriter ("Apple LaserWriter Advanced User's
Supplement") I find that I can use 'seteescratch' to modify various
parameters such as pitch from 10 (default) to 12. However, when I do
this, the emulation doesn't actually change from the default 10 pitch
Courier to 12 pitch until I happen to send a variable Forward Motion
Index command. Any explanation? Also, I would really like to change the
point size of the font, but changing the pitch in this specific case
only caused the letters to rub up against one another. Does anyone know
how to change both point size and pitch of the Diablo mode, and make it
work correctly?

Roger King

>Date:  Fri, 2 Aug 85 10:05 EDT
>From:  "Roger C. King" <RCKing@MIT-MULTICS.ARPA>
Subject:  Addenda to previous message on Diablo mode

I failed to mention that I am using the LaserWriter in combination with
an IBM/AT.

Roger King