[fa.laser-lovers] Laserwriter under VAX/VMS

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (08/16/85)

From: John Mark Agosta <INFO-MAC-REQUEST@sumex-aim.arpa>

I think this is more in your bailiwick than in ours, as far as expertise is
concerned.  Our readers would be interested in the answers, I think.

								Rich Alderson
								Temp. Moderator
                ---------------

Date:  Mon, 12-AUG-1985 00:06 CDT
From:    Stephen L. Arnold  <ARNOLD%WISCPSLB.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA>
To:  <info-mac@sumex-aim.arpa>
Subject:  Advice wanted: Laserwriter under VAX/VMS

Sorry if this has been answered before, but I am not a member of this list...

We are interested in using a Macintosh/Laserwriter for creating "compound"
(near-typeset quality text and graphics) documents, and simultaneously (or
alternately) using the Laserwriter for a spooled printer for a VAX/VMS system.
We'd like to send graphics and TeX output from the VAX, as well as use the
Laserwriter for utility printing.  We would like to hear from anyone who can
provide pointers or relate experiences in this area. In brief:

        Please send mail if you know how to use a Laserwriter with VAX/VMS
        (or if you know someone else who does)!

Please mail *direct*.  If there is enough interest, I'll summarize to the list.

Regards,
Stephen L. Arnold, Joiner Associates
Mail    P.O. Box 5445, Madison WI  53705-0445  U.S.A.
Phone   (608) 238-8134
BITNET  arnold@wiscpsl
ARPA    arnold%wiscpsl.BITNET@wiscvm.ARPA
UUCP    arnold%wiscpsl.BITNET@psuvax1.UUCP