[fa.laser-lovers] Imagen 8/300

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (laser-lovers) (09/26/84)

From: jannik@oslo-vax.ARPA
Could anyone help me with the following trivial questions:
  Power consumptions for the
  a)Imagen 8/300 print engine
  b)Imagen 8/300 image processor

Thanks. Jan E Pedersen, Institute of Informatics ,University of Oslo

Ps: If our netadress is missing from your hosttable it is: 128.39.0.5

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (09/15/85)

From: Milo Medin (NASA ARC Code EDN  Advanced Systems Group) <medin%orion@ames.arpa>

After the fiasco of getting Berkeley ditroff support for our 8/300, I'm
dissappointed again by the fact that  the Imagen supplied software
doesn't support the -g (plot) option either.
Anyone here have a plot driver written for it, or does Imagen
plan on getting one for the 8/300 like the 10/240?

					Thanks,
					  Milo

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (09/20/85)

From: Malcolm Slaney <spar!malcolm@decwrl.arpa>

>After the fiasco of getting Berkeley ditroff support for our 8/300, I'm
>dissappointed again by the fact that  the Imagen supplied software
>doesn't support the -g (plot) option either.
>Anyone here have a plot driver written for it, or does Imagen
>plan on getting one for the 8/300 like the 10/240?

This isn't a very pretty solution, but I've got a filter that converts
plot(3) output to pic format.  It was written by Tony Andrews (formerly
of Purdue and now at Burroughs).

It does take a bit of CPU time to get a plot through pic and the ditroff
but it works.  I plotted out dozens of figures for my thesis this way.

Cheers.

								Malcolm
P.S.  If you do find a better Imagen plot filter I'd like to get a copy.