[fa.laser-lovers] SAS/GRAPH to lasers

laser-lovers@uw-beaver (10/24/85)

From: C27901RP%WUVMD.BITNET@WISCVM.arpa

 Bob Paver <CP.PAVER@MCC.ARPA> writes

>MY PROBLEM:
>
>At various points in the plot, the laser printer leaves plot mode and I
>get ASCII characters written at the left margin of the paper.  Then the
>printer goes back into plot mode for a while only to drop out again.  I
>suspect that something (terminal driver, laser printer, gremlin) is
>generating a CR which by definition turns off plot mode on a Tektronix
>terminal.

Do not know about SAS on VMS but here on CMS Version 5 made a change
to the graphics drivers.  In previous versions, a record ended with
a 'graphics' off command.  In version 5, on CMS the records in the file
are 255 characters each and there is no 'off graphics' character at the
end of the record.  Hence when you have something send those records
to an output device the 'END-OF-RECORD' gets sent which is strictly
not part of the graphics stream.  SAS has told us, and I have not
fully tested, that PROMPTCHARS in OPTION will rectify.  Set the third
byte from a '00' to '01' which is supposed to make logical records end
with a graphics off.

E.G.

 promptchars='xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'x option;

 do proc options to see current setting which has 3rd byte '00'x change to
 '01'x

FURUTA@WASHINGTON.ARPA (10/24/85)

From: C27901RP%WUVMD.BITNET@WISCVM.ARPA