[net.kids] Home Teaching

prieto@aluxp.UUCP (PRIETO) (02/02/84)

Subject: Home Teaching
Newsgroups: net.kids

Does anyone have a address or telephone about the Hewitt Foundation?
The Hewitt Foundation apparently is about Home teaching your kids in the
elementary grades instead or in conjunction normal scholl 1- 12 grades.

Is there anyone that care to comment or have any info on home teching or
this foundation.

riddle@ut-sally.UUCP (Prentiss Riddle) (02/03/84)

The latest issue of "The Mother Earth News" has an article on home
teaching.  I believe it has the addresses you need, as well as a lot of
other useful information.

("The Mother Earth News" is a journal of the self-reliance movement;
its main subject matter is organic gardening, do-it-yourself housing,
renewable energy and the like.  Check your public library and
newsstands.  If they don't get it, they should.)

--- Prentiss Riddle
--- ("Aprendiz de todo, maestro de nada.")
--- {ihnp4,seismo,ctvax}!ut-sally!riddle

norskog@fortune.UUCP (02/24/84)

#R:aluxp:-118100:fortune:36200004:000:608
fortune!norskog    Feb 23 16:18:00 1984

Anyone smart enough to post an article to netnews can do a better job
than the bozo's (TM) in today's public schools. Go for it!
I'm 23 years old, and I've been in general public schools,
public gifted programs, and private (not boarding) schools.

I don't know what the Hewitt foundation is, but most of the
missionary-type churches put together kits for teaching kids
out in the boonies; my siblings were taught this way out in
the desert in Northern Chile.

Lance C. Norskog
Fortune Systems, 101 Twin Dolphin Drive, Redwood City, CA
{cbosgd,hpda,harpo,sri-unix,amd70,decvax!ihnp4,allegra}!fortune!norskog