[net.misc] YA license plate

levya@ogcvax.UUCP (Andrew Levy) (08/28/84)

Bill Bain at Intel in Hillsboro, OR drives a Porsche 924 sporting the license:

							TURING

Quite a machine, eh?

When I lived in LA I recall seeing a car moving rapidly on the westbound San
Bernadino Freeway with one that got by the censors:

						   UP YORZ

-- andrew levy

jdb@qubix.UUCP (Jeff Bulf) (08/29/84)

> From: andrew@inmet.UUCP
> I saw the following in Cambridge (where else?) last week:
>   (German 'fraktur' script:)
>          Frieden durch Kraft!
> (Translation: "Peace through strength!")

I didn't know you could get license plates in Fraktur! In California we have to
use roman <= 7 characters. What other country is this "Cambridge" near? :-)
--
	Dr Memory
	...{decvax,ucbvax,ihnp4}!decwrl!qubix!jdb

andrew@inmet.UUCP (08/31/84)

I saw the following in Cambridge (where else?) last week:

  (German 'fraktur' script:)

         Frieden durch Kraft!

(Translation: "Peace through strength!")

mwm@ea.UUCP (09/05/84)

#R:ogcvax:-40400:ea:8200006:000:356
ea!mwm    Sep  4 18:53:00 1984

/***** ea:net.misc / ogcvax!levya /  7:35 pm  Aug 31, 1984 */
When I lived in LA I recall seeing a car moving rapidly on the westbound San
Bernadino Freeway with one that got by the censors:

						   UP YORZ

-- andrew levy
/* ---------- */

Also seen in the LA area (It takes *good* eyes to read license plates in
LA from oklahoma! :-):

	FAH Q

	<mike

dave@utcsrgv.UUCP (Dave Sherman) (09/18/84)

Walking down Bay Street in Toronto this afternoon, I saw a
dark Mercedes with the license plate
	DEFEND
A defense lawyer, no doubt. We also saw
	SPINES
a couple of weeks ago, in a parking lot, driven by a chiropractor.
Ontario just got personalized plates a couple of months ago, so lots
of good ones are still up for grabs. Some proud grandfather was
visiting down the block from us recently:
	ZAIDY

Dave Sherman
--
 { allegra cornell decvax ihnp4 linus utzoo }!utcsrgv!dave

lgondor@utcsrgv.UUCP (Les Gondor) (09/18/84)

Seen on a dark-coloured Camaro:

	I R BAD

Les Gondor
{cornell,ihnp4,allegra,uw-beaver,decvax!utzoo}!utcsrgv!lgondor
CSNET: lgondor@toronto		ARPA: lgondor%Toronto@CSNet-Relay
"Strange women lying in ponds and distributing swords
is no basis for a system of government!"

parnass@ihu1h.UUCP (Bob Parnass, AJ9S) (09/26/84)

Seen on a Cadillac in Naperville, Illinois:

      NO PLATE
Bob Parnass,  Bell Telephone Laboratories - ihnp4!ihu1h!parnass - (312)979-5414

mmk@brunix.UUCP (M. 'mr.' Kaplan) (10/01/84)

Reportedly seen in Santa Monica:

	2TH DOC

levya@ogcvax.UUCP (Andrew Levy) (10/01/84)

I recall a pair of license plates in LA in the early '70s:

					  URAQT
					   and
					  URAQT2

-- andrew levy

You never can tell what the heels may wield

kmo@ptsfa.UUCP (Ken Olsen) (10/05/84)

> Reportedly seen in Santa Monica:
>
> 	2TH DOC

I had a friend in college who got the license plate

	DRIL DOC

He is now, of course, a dentist.

Ken Olsen
{ihnp4,ucbvax,cbosgd,decwrl,amd70,fortune,zehntel}!dual!ptsfa!kmo

jimb@amd.UUCP (Jim Budler) (10/07/84)

> Reportedly seen in Santa Monica:
>
> 	2TH DOC

Seen in San Jose: