[net.kids] Kids are Great

joepwro@ihopa.UUCP (Joe Wroblewski) (10/24/84)

I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
Sorry for the sentiment.

susan@vaxwaller.UUCP (Susan Finkelman) (10/25/84)

> I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
> Sorry for the sentiment.

I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.

knutson@ut-ngp.UUCP (Jim Knutson) (10/29/84)

>> I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
>> Sorry for the sentiment.
>
> I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
> And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.

Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.

mlf@teddy.UUCP (Matt L. Fichtenbaum) (10/30/84)

> >> I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
> >> Sorry for the sentiment.
> >
> > I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
> > And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.
>
> Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.

   Our 2.5-year-old daughter thinks kids, especially herself, are
neat.  Most of the time we agree, too.

saquigley@watmath.UUCP (Sophie Quigley) (11/01/84)

> >> I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
> >> Sorry for the sentiment.
> >
> > I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
> > And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.
>
> Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.

And I don't have any children and I still think they're great, so there!

Sophie Quigley
...!{clyde,ihnp4,decvax}!watmath!saquigley

emh@bonnie.UUCP (Edward M. Hummel) (11/01/84)

>>> I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
>>> Sorry for the sentiment.
>>
>> I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
>> And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.
>
>Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.

I have 3 kids: a 5 yr old daughter, a 2 yr old son and a 7 mo
old son.  They are driving me crazy!  Kids are frustrating,
noisy, expensive and messy.  I haven't had a decent nights sleep
in years.  My wife is on the verge of a nervous breakdown.
Life was so much simpler before I had to worry about nursery
schools, pediatricians, childnapping, toilet training,
babysitters....
Boy, am I sorry!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

stanwyck@ihuxr.UUCP (Don Stanwyck) (11/01/84)

>>> I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
>>> Sorry for the sentiment.
>> I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
>> And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.
>Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.
Well, I have a 2 month old daugther and a 2-year old son, and I also
agree.  Do you suppose all parents (or at least the vast majority) would
also agree?
--
 ________
 (      )					Don Stanwyck

ark@alice.UUCP (Andrew Koenig) (11/01/84)

I've been told they are delicious if properly cooked.

brahms@spp2.UUCP (11/02/84)

In article <1051@ut-ngp.UUCP> knutson@ut-ngp.UUCP (Jim Knutson) writes:

>>> I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
>>> Sorry for the sentiment.
>>
>> I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
>> And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.
>
>Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.

Well, I have a 6 month old son and I think he is a lot of fun.

Can we get on to something else or is this going to become a chain letter?

peg@linus.UUCP (Margaret E. Craft) (11/07/84)

Why do I think kids are great?
The keyword to me is "aware".  LIfe is best when it is lived with
awareness, and since kids are learning about it, YOU, as observer
and helper, get enhanced awareness.
There's also a lot to be said for 2-year-old hugs and "oh WOW"'s!!

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (11/07/84)

>>> I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
>>> And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.
>>
>>Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.
>
>Well, I have a 6 month old son and I think he is a lot of fun.

Well, my folks have a cat who is grouchy and psychotic -- they admit that I
was a lot more fun, but prefer the cat because it was cheaper and somewhat
cleaner.

        "History is made at night.  Character is what you are in the dark."

					Moriarty, aka Jeff Meyer
					John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.
UUCP:
 {cornell,decvax,ihnp4,sdcsvax,tektronix,utcsrgv}!uw-beaver \
    {allegra,gatech!sb1,hplabs!lbl-csam,decwrl!sun,ssc-vax} -- !fluke!moriarty
ARPA:
	fluke!moriarty@uw-beaver.ARPA

elt@astrovax.UUCP (Ed Turner) (11/08/84)

> > > I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
> > > And don't be sorry for feeling that way or saying so.
> >
> > Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.
>
> And I don't have any children and I still think they're great, so there!
>
> Sophie Quigley
> ...!{clyde,ihnp4,decvax}!watmath!saquigley

         I have a 6 year old son and things are still great!
         In fact it just keeps getting better and better!!!!

Ed Turner
astrovax!elt

rld@bentley.UUCP (Bob Duncanson) (11/08/84)

] > >>
] > >> I have a 3 month old son and I think kids are the best part of life.
] > >
] > > I have a 3 month old daughter and I think you are absolutely right!
] >
] > Well, I have a -7 month old kid and I think it's pretty neat too.
]
] And I don't have any children and I still think they're great, so there!

And I have three, now aged 6, 5 and 2.5 but I'm not bored yet.
--
Bob Duncanson		ihnp4!bentley!rld
AT&T Bell Laboratories,	Piscataway, NJ

jhs@druri.UUCP (11/12/84)

All that sloppy sentimentality is going to ruin your image, Moriarity!

(10% discount on a year's supply of kitty litter to the first flame)

geoff@desint.UUCP (Geoff Kuenning) (11/13/84)

A lot to be said?  Hell, they're the *only* worthwhile thing outside sex! :-)
--

	Geoff Kuenning
	First Systems Corporation

wjr@x.UUCP (Bill Richard) (11/16/84)

> All that sloppy sentimentality is going to ruin your image, Moriarity!
>
> (10% discount on a year's supply of kitty litter to the first flame)

-----------------------------------

	Boy! Are you in for it!  I have n cats (let me check for new
arrivals), and a year's supply of kitty litter is such that a ten
percent discount is significant! (about 20 bucks!)

	But I'm not sure what you want me to flame....

	KIDS				CATS

	pee on the carpet		sometimes pee on the carpet too

	borrow your car			occasionally barf in your car

	bring home dogs			chase dogs

	get busted for drugs		occasionally eat drugs (the
						cat and the AlkaSeltzer
						 ... never mind!)

	stay out all night and get	stay out all night and don't
		mad if you worry		care if you worry

	tie up the phone when you're	get tied up in the cord while
		trying to reach home		you're talking on the phone

	cause stretch marks		shed on your blazer

	expect Xmas presents		nibble Xmas trees

	dirty far more dishes than	lick your dishes clean
		they wash

	bring home live rats		bring home dead (well, mostly) rats

	whine				purr

	start out in diapers		use catboxes

	can eat more steak than 	can eat more steak than you'll
		you do				give them

	watch A Team			watch anything that moves

	bring their friends over	chase strange cats away even
		when you're not there		when you're home

	fall out of windows		sit in windows

	play with matches		play with cigarette wrappers

	need money 			knead your lap

	On the whole, after comparing the two, I assume you want me to
flame kids . . . but if I did, three people would want to form
net.religion.moloch, and fifty Xians would write long dull messages on
how the Bible says you shouldn't flame kids.

	So I'll just suggest that you compare kids and cats, and
apportion the flames as you see fit.

			STella

			c/o ... decvax!frog!wjr
			(with about a 24-hour delay)

Do what thou wilt ... it's not just a good idea, it's the law!

--
----
William J. Richard

moriarty@fluke.UUCP (Jeff Meyer) (11/26/84)

Thanks, Bill.  I rest my case.  However,

>	watch A Team			watch anything that moves

I think this should be:

	watch A Team			watch Remington Steel

However, I think both are STILL bad habits....

		"Deep space is my dwelling place, the stars my destination"